Passie taking over...?

mantorvillain(z4bMN Dodge)November 22, 2009

I traded brug cuttngs for passi cuttings early sprng and the 2 passies (type unknown) are in a 3 gal pot w @ 36" trellis embedded. This thing erupted in early fall and is now in a south window of our dining room acting like the plant from the little shop of horrors - LOL.

I've no experience w this plant and have just been trying to wrap the vines back around the trellis but it just keeps sending out more. It's not bloomed yet and I'm supposing it won't til it goes back outside next year??? At some point I'll need to limit its 'expansionist habit' as other things need to share this window. Should i just whack off new vines at some point? What conditions does it like (aside from this window-grin)and do I need to do anything to stimulate/promote flowering? I didn't find an FAQ for this forum so if anyone can share basic info or direct me to a source of info I'd really appreciate it.

Will

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
diggy500

hello mantorvillain

i bring mine in the end of sept to mid oct..
i trim off the stems i want to make cuttings from and put the original plant where there is average light...the new growth,i cut off and try to keep the main growth the same size...if the new growth is a lighter colour,i move the plant to a brighter area....having not much space...i use lights in the basement....i water and spray weekly,but it depends on how she looks.....
good luck
diggy

Bookmark   November 24, 2009 at 7:31AM
More Discussions
blue passiflora vine
I planted my passiflora in a pot and intend on trying...
cateyanne
Passionflower bloom
Preciosa blooming today
morningloree
maypop fruit?
Two years ago I planted a maypop outside which flourished...
simba-nj
So I have Passiflora incarnata...
and even after the horrible winter last year, it took...
plantlust
Passiflora Manta
I have a new little Passiflora Manta, and it had only...
seaecho1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™