Thurs, 6-16, Severe TStorm Watch for NE OK

Okiedawn OK Zone 7June 16, 2011

The NWS has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for some counties in northeastern Oklahoma and adjacent states.

The Severe Thunderstorm Watch is in effect until 7 p.m.

Details are available on the linked webpage from the Tulsa office of the NWS.

Here is a link that might be useful: Webpage of Tulsa Office of the NWS

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
soonergrandmom

I got a little nervous after hearing the forecast around noon and moved a few things under cover that are in containers, but no harm done here. We had light rain for awhile and some gusty winds, but not a significant weather event. My son, north of Bartlesville, said he lost a pear tree.

Our biggest loss for the day was that ODOT declared the bridge on our road a hazard and detoured the traffic around it. That means either gravel roads for us or eight additional miles to town. I guess it was damaged by the huge rains we had earlier this year. I don't leave home very much so I guess I will just drive the extra miles.

All of our storms have passed but I can see another one in Kansas. I haven't watched it enough to see which way it is traveling but it appears to be about the same spot the other one was this morning.

Bookmark   June 16, 2011 at 9:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
soonergrandmom

One more thing.....A 5:30 PM it was 70 degrees. I have an outside clock and therometer and I took a picture so you guys would believe it was true. I thought you would probably say I took it at 5:30 AM, but I didn't. Of course, my stupid computer problem kept me from getting it from my camera. I may have to give up and take my computer in.

70 degrees....do you believe it? LOL

Bookmark   June 16, 2011 at 9:41PM
More Discussions
Growing cilantro in the summer
I started some cilantro from seed so I can have it...
Cynthiann
Pinching growing tips on tomato seedlings?
Every spring usually after I've transplanted my tomatoes,...
jcheckers
Problems/successes germinating
Since all I am doing right now is sowing and waiting...
luvncannin
Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99/5lb 3/1/2015
2015 Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99 5lb as of this...
chickencoupe
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™