Need your help on which to order

BlueDawn(Z9b PSL, FL)November 20, 2005

Hi there. I am ordering some passion vines and would like to hear your input. I have a fence that I want to cover - wooden. I love vines - and I just can't choose. I would like to have a few - not just one that takes over everything. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I really appreciate it. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayjones(Mo6b)

IMHO, Lady Margaret is the Queen of Passifloras - she blooms from early spring thru frost, NON-STOP! Mine had 20-50 blooms PER DAY all summer long, and she was in a 10" hanging basket - marvelous show!

Bookmark   November 22, 2005 at 6:26PM
karin123(8)

I have not tried Lady Margaret but we have a Vitifolia growing on our fence.It is winter (root) hardy here.Blooms with large flushes every 6 weeks or so.Maybe I need to try LM in a hanging basket.That sounds super.

Bookmark   November 23, 2005 at 8:18PM
Krstofer(Zone 7 (ish))

Incense, Caerulea, lavender lady, maybe an edulis or 6.. Your in Florida? Then platyloba, quadrangularis.. Biflora, seemannii, victoria...

Maybe get one of the passionflower books & pick the ones you want, then spend a couple years trying to get ahold of them.

Or, get a couple & cross them- Make your own. Or maybe I'm just all ga-ga over a piece of fence to cover.. With 75+ varieties I don't have any more fence space left.

Bookmark   November 28, 2005 at 1:22AM
sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida 9a)

My Lady Margaret and sunburst both bloomed continuously all summer and fall this year. I bought a 'Jeannette" variety at the same time and although it is the same size as the others I got no blooms on that one yet. I like the p. alata., the caerulea(for hybidizing purposes), and basically all purples, pinks and blues :)

Bookmark   December 11, 2005 at 3:35PM
More Discussions
P. caerulea x loefgrenii
I realized this is basically the same mix as 'Lunametista'...
morningloree
Corkystem passion vine grow with purple passion vine?
Ok.. I have two passion vine plants in my backyard,...
angelimperfect36
interested in breeding cold tolerant passiflora for flowers and f
Hi all. I recently moved to a cold climate and is like...
caricapapaya
Passiflora x 'Marijke''
Winter bloom of P. x ''Marijke:
bobich2
Passion Fruit Vine?
I bought this plant looking to add it to my butterfly...
jane__ny
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™