OT: 6-23, 3:35 pm Cement Wildfire Threatening Homes

Okiedawn OK Zone 7June 23, 2011

I don't know if anyone here lives near Cement or has loved ones there, but if so this is an item of critical interest.

A wildfire east of Cement is threatening homes there. The fire line runs for at least a half-mile.

If you are in this area, you can click on the link for the latest news and info or tune to local media. Be sure your NOAA All-Hazards Radio is set to the 'alert' feature in case there are evacuations.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Wildfire News at KFOR

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

Here's an update on the Cement fire, which required the attention of firefighters from 15 departments. Most residents have been allowed to return to their homes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Update on Cement Fire

Bookmark   June 23, 2011 at 7:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tracydr(9b)

Oh my. I hope they are able to get this under control! I used to know a lot of people in the Cement area, although my best friend has since moved to AZ.
The fires here in AZ are getting a little better, although still burning. I'm worried about the holiday weekend, since they just legalized fireworks and I've been seeing fireworks stands everywhere.
Our drought situation is so critical from AZ to OK/ west TX. I hope we break the drought and start getting some good rains soon, although that is going to mean awful flooding for those burned areas.

Bookmark   June 23, 2011 at 10:20PM
More Discussions
Zone 7 Ranunculus???
Does anyone in 7a have any experience growing ranunculus...
oklahomegrown
Cross pollination of mixed packet of flower seeds?
If I have a packet of mixed carnations, for example,...
chickencoupe
Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99/5lb 3/1/2015
2015 Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99 5lb as of this...
chickencoupe
Pictures to warm us up
So far I have 20 flats- a few plants I lost to applejuice....
luvncannin
Problems/successes germinating
Since all I am doing right now is sowing and waiting...
luvncannin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™