applying Neem oil

drich30099March 26, 2013

Help, the spider mites won't go away! About every couple of weeks i still see webs, close to the stem of my 13+ ft. queen palm. I have been soaking a rag with watered down neem oil per directions, and applying as well as I can. Any other suggestions for applying neem/getting rid of spider mites? Can't spray because it's in my living room!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bradleyo_gw

Whenever I've used neem oil I drench the plants until dripping. If you have to take it outside on a day to spray it I would. I would hose it down first and the clean off any trace of the mites before spraying . It should be warm enough that it could tolerate a brief amount of time in the 50s. Also, it won't be long before it can go out for good, so be patient.

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 8:33PM
drich30099

Well, I just checked the label on my organicide and I did not see neem oil in the ingredient list it says sesame oil as main! What should I go and pick up or can I make a mix of soap, water? Should I treat the soil?

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 8:56PM
us_marine

How often are you misting it? If you mist both sides of the fronds at least 2-3 times a week for a while you'll get rid of them. And after a few weeks you wont have to mist as much to keep them away. I had to do that to keep spider mites off my coconut palms.
And I agree with bradelyo. If you can you should take it outside and hose it down pretty good.

- US_Marine

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 11:19PM
More Discussions
Bright indirect light???
Hi! I just bought a couple plants (Areca palm, sago...
Nikki321
Sterling, VA trachy???
Anyone seen or have updates on that big Sterling, Virginia...
islandbreeze
Mexican Fan Palm Frond Tips are Black/Brown
Hello, I noticed yesterday that my Mexican Fan Palm...
eemedrelyt
growing Dypsis lutescens indoors bad idea?
I hear they are really bad indoor plants, What is ideal...
YouthGarden
Please help identify my cycad
Hi all, I bought a cycad from a palm nursery that was...
aramat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™