Any Organic gardener or lawn care experts needing Space?

independencefarmApril 23, 2006

I have three acres of land I'm not using. I wonder if there are any organic gardeners or food growers who might want land on which to garden? It's in rural north central mississippi.

There are lots of options for me, but I thought it would be great for someone who might not have the money to buy their own land and house, but who has organic gardening and/or landscaping skills.

I'm willing to let someone live here for free if they can do something with the land that would require less work for me. Right now, it is almost all lawn that has to be mowed. I don't mind mowing, and don't want a riding mower, but I do mind the weeds, the patches of poison ivy, and the thorny stuff along the perimeter, as well as all the leaves there are to rake.

I live in the house and could rent out a room but if someone wants more privacy, they could convert one of the garages or the workshop into a studio-type apt., and just use the house bathrooms. I have a convection oven and a small frig. that could be used as well.

Alternatively, someone who wants the whole place could rent out the whole house and land, and I'd move into the city to be closer to work and my parents who need my help almost daily.

NON-smokers only. Please contact me if interested. I would be looking, of course, for someone who has proven skills or references if they're looking for the exchange situation.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenlen(s/e qld aust)

have you had any takers?

sounds like a good deal to me

len

Here is a link that might be useful: lens garden page

Bookmark   June 27, 2006 at 3:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
robkim

Hello, We are looking for a small piece of land to use for growing an organic garden. We would like to either rent or work for trade.

Bookmark   October 29, 2006 at 2:25PM
More Discussions
Homemade Mycorrhizae
Has anyone made their own homemade Mycorrhizae soil...
BeeKind12
grant for permaculture enterprises app due Jan 14, 2015
As you may know, for the last year, our company TGI...
wrcinashfield
Raised bed HugelKulture?
Hi all! I'm still reading, so this might have been...
CEFreeman
suburban yard - several species in small area
in this pic in my backyard i have papaya, passionflower,...
greenman62
I signed up for online permaculture course with Geoff Lawton
So, after coming to the conclusion that I probably...
herbal
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™