Peony leaves discolored

joeb1979June 10, 2007

Hi,

I have a few peonies and the leaves of this plant, towards the back seem to look a bit strange (but sorta interesting).Is my peony sick, or it it just because its against the fence? Do I need to do something, like cut these leaves off. Please advise!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kyocius(7a)

I am not a peony expert, but here is a link that 'may' help you a little. How long have you had the plant? Have the number of blooms decreased over the years? Is it still fairly young?? Did you recently transplant it? Stuff like that may help one of the experts tell you whats going on with it.

Here is a link that might be useful: peony diseases

Bookmark   June 15, 2007 at 7:31AM
amulet(7b NC)

Also, have you applied any fertilizers, lime, or anything else to the peony? I once applied a chemical fertilizer to my peonies in the spring hoping it would help them grow. All it did was turn the leaves yellow. I never did that again!

Bookmark   June 15, 2007 at 11:39AM
Yvonne4art

I have 5 tree peonys. Only one of them, the leaves has turned from green to a red or maroon color. Another one had done the same thing, but now the maroon color is fading and you can see the green again, it's almost like it is in transition. All the other plants area a beautiful green color.

Bookmark   July 21, 2012 at 3:20PM
More Discussions
New at growing peonies
Hi, I LOVE peonies, but I am new at growing them. After...
dizzylizzy415
Sinking peonies
Most of my peonies are in raised beds, which over the...
calistoga_al ca 15 usda 9
seedy advice
Scarification we've all been there. But No matter what...
bragu_DSM 5
Peonie won't bloom
My mom dug up an old white peonie at an old home site...
Derby42 zone 6
Tree Peonies from Songsparrow
Well I just placed an order to Songsparrow Nursery...
peonyman
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™