Transplanting & dividing

greenlydiaJune 26, 2006

I'll tell you right off the bat, I am "flower challenged" so please speak slowly and don't use any really big words! I have some peonies........don't ask me how as I'm sure I didn't plant them, which is not to say I'm not thrilled they are here, BUT...they are in two different places and I'd like to put them all together. Some are in nearly total shade and don't bloom like the ones in full sun. How and when can I move the shaded ones? The ones in the sun seem, to my totally ignorant eye, to be getting crowded. Are these critters bulbs? And why do the ants crawl all over them? I have inhaled more than one ant when I've stuck my nose in there for a big sniff! Mine are really huge and pink, which is the name I have given them..."Really Huge and Pink Peonies." I'm sure it's a real species! LOL Any and all advice is welcome and don't be afraid to hurt my feelings.....I already know my thumb ain't green!

Thanks so much!

Greenlydia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
peonyman(Zone 5, Lawrence, Ks)

Greenlydia,
I suggest that you check out the FAQ at www.peonies.org the link is posted below. There is a lot of information there. On that page you can also search on key words such as "transplanting" or "dividing" or "Ants". The information there is down to earth.

Good luck,
Leon

Here is a link that might be useful: FAQ at www.peonies.org

Bookmark   June 26, 2006 at 11:01PM
More Discussions
Desperate for Peonies in Texas
I would like to add peonies to my Central Texas garden,...
vuwugarden
Sinking peonies
Most of my peonies are in raised beds, which over the...
calistoga_al
light requirements for Sorbet Peonies
Just ordered 4 from Michigan Bulb and the planting...
420benz
Tree Peonies from Songsparrow
Well I just placed an order to Songsparrow Nursery...
peonyman
seedy advice
Scarification we've all been there. But No matter what...
bragu_DSM 5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™