help! peonies care question

azzzJuly 10, 2007

i have two peonies Sarah Bernhardt and Felix Crousse. This is the their second year and they're really different. They still have not bloom yet but the problem is with their leaves. For all of this year from when they sprouted and now still their leaves are completely red colored. Is this because they are getting too much sun and are now sun burned or is it normal? The red is a burgundy like color. Right now they are in a location that gets 6+ hours of sun.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calistoga_al

Search this forum under "peony diseases". There was a good link a few months ago. I printed it out but can not find it at the moment. Al

Bookmark   August 3, 2007 at 9:41AM
azzz

are you talking about this page - http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/horticulture/DG1153.html ?

I could not find anything about the conditions of my peonies. I dont think they're diseased because the leaves dont seem to die or dry up or anything it is just that they are always red.

Bookmark   August 4, 2007 at 12:09AM
maifleur01

It may be that you do not actually have the cultivars that you thought you had. There are some varieties that develop what I call fall color, reds and bronzes. Could you post picture.

Bookmark   August 4, 2007 at 12:35AM
More Discussions
light requirements for Sorbet Peonies
Just ordered 4 from Michigan Bulb and the planting...
420benz
seedy advice
Scarification we've all been there. But No matter what...
bragu_DSM 5
late in life experiment
After putting it off forever, I finally decided to...
bragu_DSM 5
dividing peonies
We are having a mild, dry January. Would it be a bad...
kAli6275
Peonies + Primroses?? Ideas Please!
Hi everyone :) Hope everyone had a good christmas and...
heavenlyfarm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™