Where can I buy good quality palm fertilizer?

RaisingirlApril 13, 2014

Good morning!

I'm in Lake County, FL and in search of fertilizer for my palms, specifically Lesco 8-2-12. It seems like the Lesco brand is good quality and can also be used on other landscaping shrubs and bushes with no problems, which I liked. I'd like to keep my fertilizing straight forward if possible. :)

If not Lesco, what fertilizer do you recommend for palms?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stanofh

Ok,you can laugh,but I always like EB Stone's brand ferts. Premium prices...but whenever I've used it.. I see a flush of deep green come over my palms,tree ferns and Mango tree in a matter of days.The drawback is the expense.

The funny part is...it has bat guano. That's the only ingredient I see on the the label that I don't see on other brands.

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 2:49PM
Raisingirl

Haha! I'll look into that one. Thank you!

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 3:44PM
veggie_girl

Which EB Stone do you use?

Dr Earth is also good.

Bookmark   April 29, 2014 at 10:26PM
stanofh

Mostly the one for "Tropical's"...but some I bought for Tomatoes was down to just a handful..so I tossed under the young Mango tree..and,again that nice dark green flush came over the tree over the days.
I once was in the profession of plant growing,and mentioned that on a trade online journal. And some said,that they thought it was the type of iron used in the fertilizer. All I can say is,ten years later..I still see better results with EB Stone..and I know its a hoot to say bat guano..but whatever the exact reason,its good..but premium priced,stuff.

Bookmark   May 3, 2014 at 1:41PM
More Discussions
Need help identifying a cycad
I bought a cycad of unknown species and am trying to...
Yuri Diomin
How to graft palm?
Hi How to graft palm?
iskhan
Yucca Rostrata
Does anyone has Yucca rostrata planted in the garden...
longaeva54
This new format sucks!
I think I'm done posting here.
bradleyo_gw
I transplanted Bismarkias yesterday. Any success stories?
Late last summer I pushed two old Bismakia nobilis...
Josue Diaz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™