Online Palm Tree Vendors?

ana_bananatreeApril 4, 2010

Hi Everyone!

I am currently looking to buy a Lady Palm (Rhapis Excelsa) to grow indoors. I have called almost all the nurseries and garden shops in my area, and none have it in stock (they tell me it is not cold hardy in my zone and they don't carry indoor trees). Does anyone have recommendations for online vendors they have successfully dealt with and consistently produce quality trees? I really would rather see a tree in person before purchasing, but I'm not sure that would be an option in my case since nobody carries them here. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mnpalms(4b/5a)

Realpalmtrees.com (in Florida) Hands down one of the best sellers/growers. Only problem is they are quite expensive. If price is not a big factor you would do quite well buying from them. Their palms are certified and guaranteed. I got an Xmas palm from them a couple years ago and it shipped in the pot and was (and still is) perfect. It was about 6' tell when I bought it. Good luck, I'm sure others here will chime in with plenty of other trusted sellers too.

Bookmark   April 4, 2010 at 1:16PM
ana_bananatree

Thank you mnpalms! I'll have a look at their site.

Bookmark   April 6, 2010 at 12:58AM
mike-jaramillo(Z6b)

home depot always has them

Bookmark   April 6, 2010 at 7:56AM
palmcityfl

An ebay palm nursery MB-Palms has the best prices of any online vendor I've seen. I just bought 3 Pindo palm seedlings "super blue" variety for $6. They are located in Orlando and will combine shipping. Prices at Florida nurseries have plummeted since the housing market collapsed in 2007. Prices at Home Depot are the highest anywhere I've seen, buy from them only if no other option.

Bookmark   April 8, 2010 at 3:12PM
More Discussions
Sago Palm out of control!
I have 3 sago palms that started as nice small plants....
kkupsh
Germinating Bismarckia nobilis in cool subtropical climate
Hi, I am on Pico island in the Azores and there is...
PicoAzores
Sickly windmill palm
We have a 6ft windmill palm that is about 6-7 years...
Diane2115
Trimming Cycad Fronds
I have two King Sago Palms, in pots, in my enclosed...
mamaheel
Mexican Fan Palm - Getting a wee to close to the pool.
We are recent transplants to the southwest so not much...
ranquet91
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™