Jay, Rain?

Lisa_H OK(7)June 11, 2011

Jay, I am not exactly sure where you are, but it looks like there's an awful lot of rain up that direction. I hope you are getting some!

Lisa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elkwc(6b)

No Lisa,
It went north of us. Then a smaller one split off and went south. All we got was the wind. And it is still blowing. Trying to do some planting. A real hassle with the wind. My sister called and was in heavy rain 70 miles or so north of us. I'm guessing it got to within about twenty miles to the north of us. Not sure. Jay

Bookmark   June 11, 2011 at 10:47PM
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

Jay,

You must be back in the doughnut hole again!

Your sister's county had a tornado warning, but it wasn't close to her city, I don't think....if she's near Guymon. It was further north than that.

If it makes you feel better, I'm not getting any rain here and the grass fires are really picking up here the last 3 or 4 days. I don't think Lisa's getting rain either, are you Lisa?

Dawn

Bookmark   June 11, 2011 at 10:52PM
Lisa_H OK(7)

Dawn, we did get almost an inch today. It was wonderful. My flowers drank it up.

Jay, I am so sorry, I was so excited when I saw the radar, I was just sure you were finally getting some.

Bookmark   June 11, 2011 at 11:05PM
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

Lisa, Lucky you! We haven't had rain in ages.

It doesn't rain where Jay lives. Not ever. Well, hardly ever. I'm starting to think that all the plants he grows are mirages and aren't even real. How can real plants grow on such little rain? I think Jay is out creating sand sculptures from the hard, dried soil and then painting them green so we'll think that plants can survive and grow there on 3 inches of rain per year. : )

Bookmark   June 11, 2011 at 11:30PM
p_mac(7)

I know what you're imagining, Dawn. I thought the same as Lisa today when I was looking at the radar...but I'm afraid that the "dough-nut hole" may need to be actually put on the logistics map...because it sure seems it's way too real.

I'm sure Jay has thought the same as many of us... as in "how the Heck does it rain every where around me but not one drop in my space???".

I'm happy to report that here in NE Norman, we got a nice but light shower Friday morning (I took the day off so I was home and witnessed it!)...and the we got more rain overnite. This afternoon (Saturday), we got several short showers. No measurable precip, but moisture none-the-less.

Jay - I sincerely wish there was a way Diane could package up a big puddle of all her rain and send it to you. I'd contribute to the "rainy day fund"! Nothing works as good as Mother Nature's rain.

Bookmark   June 12, 2011 at 12:49AM
More Discussions
What happens to tomatoes that are stunted as seedlings?
Because I seem to have a lot of them. I'm not panicked...
chickencoupe
Flowers: Peony
Dear friends; The peony is for my 4 yo and I'm terrified...
chickencoupe
earthworm compost
Does anybody know of a place in Oklahoma where I can...
sophie
Aloe Vera: free to good home
I have offered free plants on Edmond Freecycle before,...
c1nicolei
Oklahoma Kiwi plant recommendations.
I have the OSU handouts, and have done some research,...
Sheik Paladin
Sponsored Products
Lifetime Benches Convertible Patio Bench 60054
Home Depot
Metallic Glass Burmese Calla Lily Garden Light
$279.00 | FRONTGATE
Cascading Leaves 8.5-foot Copper Rain Chain
Overstock.com
Rain Foggy Blue Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$345.60 | Bellacor
Raine Leather Sleeper Sofa - Brighton Breeze Green
Joybird Furniture