is this a disease (pic)?

azzzAugust 18, 2007

these are sarah bernhardt and felix crousse. From when they broke ground to now, the leaves are still red. This is the 2nd year and it was not like this last year.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calistoga_al

Just a guess, but I do not think any disease is the cause. I would look into the soil mix used and the culture, such as the amount of sun and any chemicals used to fertilize. Both of these species are in my garden and the foliage is typical green of herbaceous peonies. Al

Bookmark   August 20, 2007 at 9:39AM
azzz

I dont know why it's like this. Last year they were green and i've not done anything to the soil. They have also been getting full sun and are in the same location as last year. Any other ideas of what could be happening?

Bookmark   August 20, 2007 at 11:46PM
calistoga_al

As these are in pots no doubt in a soiless mix of some type. Presumably for two years. Have you been feeding them? Any container plant is dependent on being fed as no nutrients will last long with the water flushing them through. If you plant them in good soil in the garden, I think the problem will go away. If they are to remain as pot plants I would scratch in a balanced fertilizer. Al

Bookmark   August 23, 2007 at 10:53AM
azzz

Well, thanks for the replies. At least now i am sure that they are not diseased.

Bookmark   August 24, 2007 at 3:00AM
More Discussions
bare root peonies - when to plant?
Well, its that time of year in the northeast when I...
frances_in_nj
Unexpectedly moving Peonies in Nov in zone 6B/7
So instead of moving in a few years, we'll be moving...
portia
Itohs at Michigan Bulb
In case anyone is interested, MB offers the following...
KarenPA_6b
late in life experiment
After putting it off forever, I finally decided to...
bragu_DSM 5
I bought peony seeds, now what?
I bought two different types of peony seeds-I wasn't...
polypeptide
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™