I was counting our flowers, today...

wbonesteel(7)June 22, 2013

I planted about a hundred daffodil bulbs, today, too. That makes somewhere around a hundred and eighty daffodils on the property, if they all come up next year. Add about two hundred and eighty irises... Thirty-five or forty glads, a handful of hollyhocks, a couple dozen blazing stars, a dozen old fashioned day lilies, about a thousand alliums - if and when they stop pouting over the move - a couple dozen grape hyacinths, three surprise lilies, a few poppies, four begonias, eight lobelias, two butterfly bushes, a couple of coneflowers, four roses, about eighteen lavender plants, a couple of dozen alyssum and one lonely cosmos...and something else that I'm forgetting, at the moment, whatever it is...

Most of those flowers have been planted or transplanted over the last six months.

By this time next year, it oughta be kinda colorful around here.
Then, there's the fruits, herbs and veggies...

All on a quarter acre lot, with a house and with grass to mow...

Sometimes, I ask myself: "Warren! What in the world were you thinking?" Other times, I think: "Dang. I did good!" It kinda balances out that way...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
borderokie(7)

Sounds like it will be beautiful when it blooms!! I have pulled up lots of daffodils and have them sitting around in piles. I have a hill I would like to plant them on but not sure if thats ever gonna happen. Not sure the guys would appreciate me taking up grass space for the cows either.

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 12:04AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wbonesteel(7)

Well, you grab a bucket full of daffys and sneak out there when no one's around...plant them and let them go. Daffys yearn to be free, you know.

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 12:55AM
More Discussions
check in, all ok? sure was windy and lots of hail
All quiet here now, near NW 14 and Villa. Sure hope,...
OklaMoni
Mold Beneath Hay Mulch
I've probably been listening/reading to too much noise....
chickencoupe
Former Oklahoma Forum member in the news
We miss Diane and Steve, but can get an update here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHCFqjxpuPY&list=UU8-Th83bH_thdKZDJCrn88g...
soonergrandmom
Intercropping Tomatoes
with Sweet corn? Is it doable? with so many tomato...
chickencoupe
How can I add photos to my posts?
I know many of you do this....I have tried to find...
merryheart
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™