Protecting your garden
I have a question to ask of you gardeners, especially those of you that have problems with critters getting into your garden. I attached a photo of some type of garden tent from the UK. I would like to try and make one myself, but looking for some opinions. The picture I attached looks more like itÃ¯Â¿Â½s plastic. I want mine to be a mesh, so air and rain can get in. And maybe a little taller.
My concerns would be:
1. Would I want the top, solid or mesh?
2. Square or rectangle? Would one have an advantage, one over the other? Say 4 x 6Ã¯Â¿Â½ rectangle, or a 6Ã¯Â¿Â½ x 6Ã¯Â¿Â½ square?
3. I like the idea of having a zippered opening at each end, so I can put them end to end in longer areas and walk right through.
4. Make the bottom of the screen, from the ground up, say about 12-18 inches solid, to deter some of the smaller critters.
5. At the bottom of the tent, have material to come out across the ground, to be buried. That way when critters try to dig at the bottom of the tent, they hit this piece, plus added stability. I know, it will have to be quite durable!
Those are my thoughts, I would appreciate your inputÃ¯Â¿Â½..TIA!