Help me decide on a new peony

daylilly99(6b northern VA)September 30, 2007

I decided I can make room for one more right now and want to get the best possible choice for me.

My criteria are it has to be beautiful, double, fragrant to very fragrant, strong stems for cutting and if it didn't require staking that would be wonderful - though I suppose that's not possible with full doubles.

I already have Festiva Maxima, Lady Alexander Duff, Pink Hawaiian Coral, Raspberry Sundae, Raspberry Sorbet/Sorbet?. Also, (thank you Eric) I believe I also have Amalia Olsen, Xi Shi Fen and Xi Shi Lan.

What should be the next name on my list and why? Also, can you recommend where to get it?

Thanks - Pat

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
judyefd(6ma/4vt)

You've got some great ones!

My personal favorite is Vivid Rose. The color is stunning and rich and the scent is lovely. The stems are sturdy, but I do put a ring around them...as it always rains right after it blooms.

I bought mine at Countryman's Peony Farm in Northfield, VT. I don't think they offered it this year.

I'm also fond of my Myrtle Tischler. Then there's Gold Standard and LaPinja...those two are singles, fragrant and don't need to be staked...expanding my envelope! ;-D

Enjoy!
Judye

Bookmark   October 5, 2007 at 4:43PM
More Discussions
bare root peonies - when to plant?
Well, its that time of year in the northeast when I...
frances_in_nj
Mulching peonies with limestone chips
Does anyone mulch their peonies with limestone chips...
enith
Wild Peony (Paeonia mascula) Update:
Hi, Last September I have got 20 Paeonia mascula seeds...
cumulus_nimbus
late in life experiment
After putting it off forever, I finally decided to...
bragu_DSM 5
germinated peony seeds care
Tow seed started germinating about 2 months ago. the...
cumulus_nimbus
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™