How about Eden's Perfume, Kelway's Glorious?

daylilly99(6b northern VA)September 30, 2007

Some places where I've seen it described say it's the most wonderful old rose fragrance of any peony. One I found that might actually have it available doesn't mention it having any fragrance at all.

Does anyone here grow this one or can you vouch for the fragrance? I would love to trade for one if it is that fragrant. Meanwhile, I'm trying to hunt down a source for it.

I also read that Kelway's Glorious has an old rose fragrance and would appreciate any information about your experiences with that.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
suel41452

I bought 2 Eden's Perfume peony roots on Ebay because they were cheap and the seller had a good rating. Cut & paste this link to see:

http://item.express.ebay.com/Home-Garden_Gardening-Landscaping_Plants-Seeds-Bulbs_Peony-Eden-s-Perfume-tuber-3-5-eye-very-fragrant_W0QQitemZ190149393506QQihZ009QQptdnZPlantsQ2cQ20SeedsQ20Q26Q20BulbsQQddnZHomeQ20Q26Q20GardenQQadnZGardeningQ20Q26Q20LandscapingQQptdiZ846QQddiZ984QQadiZ828QQcmdZExpressItem

Maybe it's a rip-off, but when the roots come (should be any day now) I could let you know how well they look.

Bookmark   October 1, 2007 at 7:59PM
suel41452

PS - there was a post on Gardenweb where people said Eden's Perfume peony was very fragrant - I did a search but couldn't find it!!

Bookmark   October 1, 2007 at 8:01PM
suel41452

Got my Eden's Perfume roots - they look good to me. 8-9 inches long with 3-5 eyes as advertised and nicely packed in peat moss. Seller sent me an Email when shipped. Only time will tell if they are good Eden's Perfume peonies, but so far so good.

Bookmark   October 6, 2007 at 8:39PM
More Discussions
Springhill Kirinmaru Peony
I just received Kirinmaru Peony from Springhill. The...
KarenPA_6b
Adelman's Itoh Offerings for 2015
Has anyone seen Adelman's new peony catalog yet? They...
lizbest1
walmart peonies Sorbet and Emile Debatene
Found sorbet and Emile Debatene at Walmart yesterday...
raptor1
Ask: Is this a peony?
Hi, three weeks ago i purchased peony seeds online....
rafflesia
germinated peony seeds care
Tow seed started germinating about 2 months ago. the...
cumulus_nimbus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™