yellow raised spots/bumps on tomatillo leaves

kuvaszlvrFebruary 17, 2012

Hi guys,

I've got some tomatillo plants that are developing yellow bumps on the leaves, I can't determine what they are, as you can see from the photo, they are bumps, not just yellow spots. some with dark centers. Any ideas>

Thanks.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

what i see.. is damage that happened at the expansion of those leaves when they were very tender .... and that could be sucking insects on the back.. or simply liquid on the top in hot sun ... magnifying glass effect ... what is interesting.. at the connection of the stem and the leaf.. there is no damage ... like it was shaded from sun ... were you misting them in sun???

also could happen if you sprayed it for bugs ...

but i see no damage on the newer leaves developing.. so i personally wouldn't worry about it ... and when i got another set of leaves ... the third set.. i would just remove the ugly ones ...

if it were bugs.. i dont understand why they went away gratuitously ... they tend to stick around as long as the host is there .... unless you sprayed them ...

always try to decide.. if the problem is gone.. before you go treating a PRIOR problem.. and create more problems ... that new set of leaves looks great ...

ken

Bookmark   February 17, 2012 at 3:07PM
kuvaszlvr

thanks ken. It wasn't until I stopped and thought. I'd been watering with a can,nozzle type, watering the soil. Last weekend husband brought home a sprinkler nozzle to attach to the hose. I used it for the first time last weekend, during the day (the plants are in the greenhouse, been there for a month now- no spraying at all, the only bugs I've seen are some fungus gnats, but not many). Thie spots showed up a couple of days ago. The plants were looking great until that point. I'll keep an eye on them and hope you are right... Thanks!
Pam

Bookmark   February 17, 2012 at 7:36PM
habjolokia

Try looking up leaf gall, not sure the culprit but it's a direction to look.

Mark

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 10:24PM
More Discussions
Will these onions be any good?
I planted onions last year and the grass got in them...
beefarmer61
Sure fire way to get rid of Earwigs
I read the FAQ's for Earwigs and no mention was made...
dowlinggram
Spots on my apple tree leaves
Hi, Spots have been appearing on my new apple trees....
nat9510
Acacia invaded by Caterpillars!
My wife and I don't know what to do. We have a small...
llilibel03
Whitefly?
Hi guys, I have had whitefly interfering with some...
botch13
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™