Heartland Peony Society Fall Plant Sale

peonyman(Zone 5, Lawrence, Ks)September 21, 2007

With only 2 weeks left there is not much time to make plans but for those of you who can you should attend this event. We at the Heartland Peony Society have planned a very large peony sale in Kansas City on Saturday October 6th at 12 noon. We expect to have about 1500 plants there. Almost 1/2 will be tree peonies and the other half will be herbaceous. There will be even some intersectional peonies for sale there. If you can possible get to this sale it will be a good opportunity to fill your garden with some great peonies.

Just prior to the sale there will be a program featuring Paige Woodward as the speaker. She will be showing

peonies in China. The program begins at 10:00am.

More information can be found at http://www.peonies.org/calendar.html

This event will be worth your time.

Leon

Here is a link that might be useful: The Heartland Peony Society

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
amulet(7b NC)

I would love to attend, were it closer, but that would be quite a drive from NC.
Perhaps you could put some of your leftovers (if you have any) for sale online after the event.

Bookmark   September 26, 2007 at 10:27PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur01

Keep an eye on the Mid Atlantic Peony Society. They just had their first sale this month. They are not that far from you and who knows they could help you start your own group. There are peony growers in North Carolina that might welcome the chance to help a new club.

Any leftovers are generally distributed to public gardens, colleges with horticultural programs etc. The few times HPS has had donations arrive after the sale they have been planted at a members place and dug for the next sale. HPS only has a sale every two years so I can save for purchases.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mid Atlantic Peony Society

Bookmark   September 26, 2007 at 10:49PM
More Discussions
walmart peonies Sorbet and Emile Debatene
Found sorbet and Emile Debatene at Walmart yesterday...
raptor1
Wild Peony (Paeonia mascula) Update:
Hi, Last September I have got 20 Paeonia mascula seeds...
cumulus_nimbus
bare root peonies - when to plant?
Well, its that time of year in the northeast when I...
frances_in_nj
Sinking peonies
Most of my peonies are in raised beds, which over the...
calistoga_al
planting bareroot peonies in Jan
Received my order from Charmarron Gardens a couple...
raptor1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™