peonynursery.com

jennie_in_mt(z3 MT)October 11, 2007

Several friends and I are working on a large order of herbaceous peonies with peonynursery.com Has anyone worked with them? Were your peonies as described and true to name?

I would so love some feedback on them before we place the order and send that payment! LOL

Thanks!

Jennie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rian(7va)

I've ordered tree peonies from them. The plants I received last year were small but very healthy, grown on their own roots, not grafted, and they performed well.

I liked the looks of some of their herbaceous peonies too--just need to talk my husband into giving up some more lawn!

Bookmark   October 11, 2007 at 8:08AM
flowergirl70ks

Google garden watchdog and look them up.

Bookmark   October 13, 2007 at 4:48PM
maifleur01

Do you have the proper documentation to import these plants? You may have trouble getting past both Customs and USDA. Several friends have had difficulty the past several years with imports. Either not going through or extra shipping tagged on after arriving in US. None have been fault of shipper or receiver Our government works in strange ways sometimes.

Bookmark   October 13, 2007 at 10:16PM
peonyman(Zone 5, Lawrence, Ks)

Jennie,

I purchased several herbaceous peonies from Peony Nursery in fall of 2001. The peonies made it fine and they were all true to name and nice looking plants. You really should get an import permit to purchase from him.

Good luck,
Leon

Bookmark   October 16, 2007 at 1:30AM
rinaldo(z7b AR)

I received an extensive order from him this year. The herbaceous are essentially small but healthy divisions--the real plus is the price and the relative rarity of his offerings. The suffruticosa and rockii were comparable what American mailorder houses would want 40-50 dollars for and they're not grafted. I would count it as a positive experience overall, although these herbaceous fellows won't be blooming for at least a couple of years judging from their size.

Bookmark   October 26, 2007 at 3:42PM
More Discussions
dividing peonies
We are having a mild, dry January. Would it be a bad...
kAli6275
Herbacious peony growing with tree peony
I have a tree peony in my garden that is 4/5 yrs old...
raptor1
Tree Peonies from Songsparrow
Well I just placed an order to Songsparrow Nursery...
peonyman
Itoh fertility
I know that Itoh peonies can't bear viable seeds, but...
pompomoranda
I bought peony seeds, now what?
I bought two different types of peony seeds-I wasn't...
polypeptide
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™