J & P has tree peonies for 24.95. anyone try them?

irish_rose_grower(z7 LI NY)October 15, 2005

HI. I've ordered roses before from Jackson & Perkins and have been very happy with them.

They have 2 tree peonies listed, for 24.95 each. I was wondering how they would compare in size to Song Sparrow or peonygarden.

I figure if I can get a 20% discount from them, if they are decent, I may try them.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calistoga_al

Last year for the first time I found tree peonies at Costco. They were $9.95 and very impressive plants. Because they only had one variety I only bought one. It has done well getting established in the garden. Al

Bookmark   October 17, 2005 at 10:15AM
irish_rose_grower(z7 LI NY)

Wow Al, 9.95?? That's great. I hate to shop, but I LOVE Costco. I buy all of my bulbs from costco. I don't know whats more awesome, the price or the quality. Their tulip and daffodil bulbs are 1/2 of the other sources price and the quality is top notch. I'll have to look for tree peonies I guess in spring? I'm not sure when they would sell them in New York, but I think it would be very early spring.

Thanks for the info.

Maureen

Bookmark   October 17, 2005 at 9:55PM
flowergirl70ks

I just dug a tree peony from J&P, my sister-in-law gave it to me years ago. It grew very well, just wasen't named right. The bloom was awesome, but bloomed down in the foilage and you couldn't see it. Wish I had known you wanted one.

Bookmark   October 20, 2005 at 9:55AM
irish_rose_grower(z7 LI NY)

HI flowergirl - thanks anyway. I have a feeling by the spring I'm going to have lots of peonies.

This is a new addiction that just struck about 2 wks ago.
I'm enjoying it too.

Maureen

Bookmark   October 21, 2005 at 5:14PM
More Discussions
I'm So Bored!
Why does this winter feel SSSSOOOO LLLLOOOONNNNNGGGGGG??...
lizbest1
Itohs at Michigan Bulb
In case anyone is interested, MB offers the following...
KarenPA_6b
Springhill Kirinmaru Peony
I just received Kirinmaru Peony from Springhill. The...
KarenPA_6b
Sinking peonies
Most of my peonies are in raised beds, which over the...
calistoga_al
Desperate for Peonies in Texas
I would like to add peonies to my Central Texas garden,...
vuwugarden
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™