peonies for sale?

katkat(5)October 9, 2007

I love Peonies and the only ones I have are old ones that I have had in the yard forever. I don't know what kind they are or anything. I looked at several websites to buy some and saw how expensive they are. I was wondering if anyone hear sells them for a much reduced price. If you have any for sale could you please let me know?

thanks

Kat

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lisa_H(7)

Kat, Gilbert H. Wild has a big sale going on right now with some very reasonable prices.

Lisa

Here is a link that might be useful: Gilbert H. Wild

Bookmark   October 9, 2007 at 4:17PM
katkat(5)

I did check that site and the peonies were sold out. All thatwas left on the sale were daylilies. I have enough of them......for now.
thanks anyway....I guess I'll keep searching.

Bookmark   October 9, 2007 at 10:26PM
alina_1

Kat,
Try to look for them at the local Costco stores in spring. This spring they had more than 20 varieties at about $13 for 4 roots.

Bookmark   October 10, 2007 at 4:16PM
littlealexa(Chgo IL)

Kat, check your local nursery. I rarely go to a nursery by me because they are so expensive. Went there yesterday though and got 4 peonies, in 1.5 gallons for 7 dollars each. The catch is that they are labeled miscellaneous peonies because their names fell off. Otherwise they look pretty good. I couldn't pass them off at this price, can't wait to see what color they are. Although, one of them surely is a double bloom in white ;o) Good luck, I'm sure you can find them still in the nurseries.

Bookmark   October 16, 2007 at 12:37PM
maifleur01

Also check Walmart starting at the end of January. This year along with the normal Sarah and Jules the stores in my area had two older cultivars and one apparently from Russia.

Bookmark   October 17, 2007 at 12:12AM
More Discussions
Ask: Is this a peony?
Hi, three weeks ago i purchased peony seeds online....
rafflesia
Looking for fernleaf peony
I am looking for Fern leaf peony double flower. Can...
bunti
dividing peonies
We are having a mild, dry January. Would it be a bad...
kAli6275
Herbacious peony growing with tree peony
I have a tree peony in my garden that is 4/5 yrs old...
raptor1
Peonies + Primroses?? Ideas Please!
Hi everyone :) Hope everyone had a good christmas and...
heavenlyfarm
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™