6 peonies for 25.00 (un-named) they look great!

irish_rose_grower(z7 LI NY)October 24, 2005

I recently got my shipment in of 6 un-named peonies, 3 double white and 3 double pink. Me and glassmouse both ordered from them (thanks for the tip Sharon!!)

I got 6 huge healthy looking clumps. Some of them have 6 eyes. I am so pleased with these. I'm thinking about buying another 6 but I have to control myself.

We got them from New Peony Garden. I would definitely order from them again. And I received the plants 1 week after I placed the order.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jenny05(zone 5)

I was thinking of placing an order with this company. Does it specify if the 3 white doubles, and the 3 pink doubles are the same varieties?

Bookmark   October 27, 2005 at 4:06PM
irish_rose_grower(z7 LI NY)

No,Jenny, it doesn't specify. You could call and ask them or e-mail them.

Maureen

Bookmark   October 28, 2005 at 12:47PM
Patty_WI(z4 WI)

I just wanted to thank you for the "heads up" on the new peony farm site. I'm a (small)cut flower grower and wanted to add peonies to my spring cuts. I ordered 100 for $35+shipping. I called them and they also included the names to most of the peonies they sent. Some (very few)were 2-3 eye divisions, most were3-5 eyes and the rest were 5+(one I counted had 11!).

I would never have found the site and the great deal if you hadn't posted. Thank you!
Patty

Bookmark   November 8, 2005 at 8:46AM
irish_rose_grower(z7 LI NY)

HI Patty, I'm glad you got such an awesome deal!! 100 for 35.00 - that's a steal! I was very impressed with the peonies they sent me. And one did have 9 eyes. I'm glad you were able to get such a great deal. I found it from Sharon,glasmouse. She posted the name on another peony thread and I ordered the same thing she did, it was 6/25.
Good luck with them. Who do you sell the cut flowers to? That sounds like my kind of business!
Maureen

Bookmark   November 10, 2005 at 9:35PM
Patty_WI(z4 WI)

Oops, I made a mistake. The price was $100+$35 shipping. Still a great Deal.

I sell flowers at a couple of farmer's markets and to a few local florists.

I think the Peonies will be a great addition to my early bouquets and I'm sure that I'll be able to sell some to the florists.

I also used some in my landscape. 5 of the double white went into my son's black and white garden. 20 of the dbl wht next to a path I have with 5 arches.(I've used morning glory to climb these and plan to next put climbing roses and clematis on them). And 3 Myrtle Gentry next to my front door.(She is supposed to be really fragrant).

It'll be fun to see them grow and flower!
Patty

Bookmark   November 12, 2005 at 8:17AM
More Discussions
Wild Peony (Paeonia mascula) Update:
Hi, Last September I have got 20 Paeonia mascula seeds...
cumulus_nimbus
Tree Peonies from Songsparrow
Well I just placed an order to Songsparrow Nursery...
peonyman
Ask: Is this a peony?
Hi, three weeks ago i purchased peony seeds online....
rafflesia
New to peonies and have some questions!
I'd like to add some peonies to my garden this year...
DandyLioness (CA 9, SZ 14)
light requirements for Sorbet Peonies
Just ordered 4 from Michigan Bulb and the planting...
420benz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™