Black Swan

Nette10October 1, 2013

Would anyone know in Canada or a site in the US that ships to Canada that carries Black Swan? I finally got hold of the Chocolate Soldier ($80) and I only have Black Swan left on my list. Any leads would be appreciated. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lizbest1(5)

I'd never even heard of Black Swan before your post! Didn't see any sites with it advertised for sale, sorry! Will keep your post in mind and reply again if I see it. Good luck with your search...

Bookmark   October 1, 2013 at 10:47PM
KarenPA_6b

Black Swan is hybridized by Murawska. It maybe available at Ken Clare's Peony Superstore in Canada. Check out the following links for picture and contact info.

Picture: http://canada-gardens.com/4black-swan.html

Ken's Peony Store: http://www.peonygarden.com/

It does not look like he has it for sale so you may have to email him to request if he would sell you one.

Bookmark   October 1, 2013 at 11:15PM
pwin(7)

Ken Clare passed away several years ago. His peony business is now run by his son. I understand that Ken had a generous collection of peonies, but that he also imported many from all over the world and distributed them to those who purchased the peonies from his website (it used to have :hundreds: of peony varieties). I agree with Kousa: ask his son if he has it.

I've also encountered a listing for it on a photo website. The gallery belongs to the owner of Les Jardins Osiris. However, I can't get on it. There seems to be some trouble with the connection, as well as the connection to the business webpage. Osiris might have Black Swan. You may want to ask there, too.

This post was edited by pwin on Wed, Oct 2, 13 at 17:09

Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 1:29PM
Nette10

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I emailed peonygarden.com in the hopes of finding one. I also mentioned that I'm looking for it on my thank you notes (yes, I wrote a thank you card to all whom I ordered from...lol). If I put it out there, I hope it would come:). Kindly remember my Black Swan when you're skimming pages! Thanks again!

Bookmark   October 2, 2013 at 10:40PM
fallgardener

I spied it growing at Brooks Gardens (Oregon) last spring. I think it is two years out before they will be selling it. Very nice, dark bloom.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brooks Gardens

Bookmark   October 9, 2013 at 12:21AM
Nette10

I am still looking for this plant - if anyone hears about one for sale, pls think of me! Thank you!

Bookmark   March 15, 2014 at 3:27PM
graycrna4u

I think I just saw Black Swan for sale in an advertisement from Blossom Hill this weekend. Good luck.

Bookmark   March 16, 2014 at 8:21PM
More Discussions
planting bareroot peonies in Jan
Received my order from Charmarron Gardens a couple...
raptor1
Wild Peony (Paeonia mascula) Update:
Hi, Last September I have got 20 Paeonia mascula seeds...
cumulus_nimbus
I'm So Bored!
Why does this winter feel SSSSOOOO LLLLOOOONNNNNGGGGGG??...
lizbest1
germinated peony seeds care
Tow seed started germinating about 2 months ago. the...
cumulus_nimbus
seedy advice
Scarification we've all been there. But No matter what...
bragu_DSM 5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™