anyone knows where to buy tree peony directly from japan?

silasxiaoNovember 20, 2009

hi guys,

i'm new here, as well as new to tree peony. but my dad seems to fall in love with it. he can't speak english. so here i'm to ask on behalf of him.

does anyone know where to buy tree peony directly from japan? such as a japanese company web address, email? anything?

i googled it for hours while seems most of companies are either american or european. since my dad stay in mainland china, we think but them directly from Japan are more econ

any clue will be highly appreciated.

thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur01

I am not aware of the import restrictions or need for an import license in China to import from Japan but most import licenses come with all kinds of problems. Since your dad lives in China there are several growers in China that have Japanese origin tree peonies in their stock so you might want to check the Chinese vendors. Most of the ones that I have worked with sell wholesale so I would rather not advise on which ones are best.

If you look through the messages here there was a person that grew cuttings in China that might be able to supply your dad. I will attempt to locate his name but it will have to be in a couple of days. Perhaps your dad would like someone to discuss tree peonies with and this connection could provide that discussion.

Bookmark   November 20, 2009 at 10:42AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur01

Sorry I can not locate the user name of the person I mentioned. Perhaps he will see this or someone will remember his user name.

Bookmark   December 2, 2009 at 8:02PM
More Discussions
walmart peonies Sorbet and Emile Debatene
Found sorbet and Emile Debatene at Walmart yesterday...
raptor1
Tree Peonies from Songsparrow
Well I just placed an order to Songsparrow Nursery...
peonyman
2015 peony blooms
Please update your peonies blooms or growth here. This...
bunti
Peonie won't bloom
My mom dug up an old white peonie at an old home site...
Derby42 zone 6
Peonies Zone 9
I've read that tree peonies do better in my zone, however...
MK
Sponsored Products
Prandina | CPL T1 Table Lamp
$640.00 | YLighting
British Colonial Pineapple Outdoor Side Table Cover
$39.50 | FRONTGATE
Hand-tufted Josephine Brown Rug (7'9 x 9'9)
Overstock.com
Orian Rugs Blinds & Shades Eclipse Rouge 7 ft. 10 in. Round Area Rug 238631
Home Depot
Masefield Collection 36" Wide Pendant Island Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Attainment Office Chair in Blue
$139.00 | LexMod
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™