favorite peonies?

hmacflower(Z4 Ont.)November 22, 2012

I order new peonies after seeing them in gardens or on recomendation rom growers so i like to hear others favorites.

Mine (in my garden) are Cora Louise, Bartzella,Going Bananas(all Itohs), Pink Hawaiian Coral, Starlight (earliest) and tree peony Kokuru Nishiki

Here's a pic of Cora Louise & Going Bananas

Heather

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hmacflower(Z4 Ont.)

Oops, I guess the only post 1 pic at a time , that was Going Bananas, here's Cora Louise

Bookmark   November 22, 2012 at 10:53AM
lila888(Z5 IL)

I started adding peonies in my garden last year. I ordered some from Adelman's and bought some from local nurseries. I have a couple of Itohs, Kopper Kettle and Yumi (previously known as Yellow Doodle Dandy), a lot of herbaceous and a few tree peonies. My favorites are Yumi, Buckeye Belle and Duchesse de Nemours.

Your Going Bananas and Cora Louise are very pretty. Thank you for starting this thread and hope others will share pics of their favorite peonies also.

Yumi

Bookmark   November 23, 2012 at 11:14PM
Normelly(5a)

Three of my favourites are Cora Lousie, Kamata Fuji (tree) and Do Tell. Do Tell is very floriferous, has a great scent and a long bloom period, and the blooms, as well as being lovely, are interesting because they are all a bit different. Kamata Fuji is young, and I have only had one bloom so far, so I can't comment on the plant habit, but that one bloom is my favourite.

Bookmark   January 5, 2013 at 8:57AM
Normelly(5a)

Kamata Fuji

Bookmark   January 5, 2013 at 9:03AM
illinoisdoglover(z5IL)

Just jumping in and adding my two cents. I can not even begin to actually name my favorite. I really love Red Charm and Liza Lundy. I added sevearl this year and also can not wait to see them bloom. Here is a picture of a NOID red one that has been around for awhile and divided a few times. Love the Bomb types, but also love the single pale yellows. Will add a few more including a peony that was also given to me, do not know its name either.

Bookmark   January 12, 2013 at 10:15PM
illinoisdoglover(z5IL)

Here is the picture of Eliza Lundy, sorry for the spelling.

Bookmark   January 12, 2013 at 10:18PM
illinoisdoglover(z5IL)

A single pale yellow given to me several years ago. Any suggestions?

Bookmark   January 12, 2013 at 10:22PM
illinoisdoglover(z5IL)

How can I have forgotten "Green Halo".

Bookmark   January 12, 2013 at 10:24PM
stevelau1911

I have more species that I can count, mostly tree peonies and I find beauty in having all different colors and forms.

What I find even more rewarding is when tree peonies break out of dormancy, and unfold their reddish leaves, especially when they are grown from seed. They are about the first plants that come up in the spring, and having lots of seedlings of various ages can be very beautiful.

Bookmark   January 14, 2013 at 4:55PM
BlueBirdPeony(5b NE Ohio)

Hi guys. New here. I have been wondering if these are peonies at all. Bought a new house when it was covered in snow so I didn't plant these (obviously). What do you think? Either way, they're beautiful!

Bookmark   January 16, 2013 at 7:20AM
BlueBirdPeony(5b NE Ohio)

Also, just for fun, here is a picture of some that I actually know are peonies!

Bookmark   January 16, 2013 at 7:23AM
maifleur01

The first picture the blooming plants are tulips. The nonblooming appear to be scillia

Bookmark   January 17, 2013 at 5:02PM
mantis__oh

Your picture of the NOID looks quite similar to Red Charm, but you say that you have Red Charm, so I assume there are differences?

Bookmark   February 17, 2013 at 9:56PM
illinoisdoglover(z5IL)

Mantis: Sorry for the delay in posting. I will see if I can find a picture of some Red Charms in my yard. Need to go back thru some sd cards. The large one I posted as NOID from my mother seems to have much larger blooms even though I have them planted in the front yard and soil is the same and sun and water requirements are equal. Will post in a little while.

Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 1:40AM
More Discussions
walmart peonies Sorbet and Emile Debatene
Found sorbet and Emile Debatene at Walmart yesterday...
raptor1
Mulching peonies with limestone chips
Does anyone mulch their peonies with limestone chips...
enith
Itohs at Michigan Bulb
In case anyone is interested, MB offers the following...
KarenPA_6b
Sinking peonies
Most of my peonies are in raised beds, which over the...
calistoga_al
Adelman's Itoh Offerings for 2015
Has anyone seen Adelman's new peony catalog yet? They...
lizbest1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™