Tomato leaf - another problem please?

goony(10b)April 20, 2012

Hello,

I have been growing for a couple of years with varied success but i need some help to identify some problems, so i have taken a pic of some leaves.

I hope someone here can help - the US site has so much more info than the Aussie sites!

This is a tomato leaf. I think it is a late blight, and it starts at the base and travels up the stem. Fruit do not seem to be affected yet.

Any tips appreciated.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hortster(6a, southcentral KS)

Take a peek at this article. Your leaves look like a disease here called Early Blight. I have no idea if it is endimic to Australia. Sorry I couldn't isolate just that part of the article.
hortster

Here is a link that might be useful: Tomato diseases

Bookmark   April 20, 2012 at 12:20PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
goony(10b)

hmm, i thought it mite be that. I am spraying with copper sulphide spray, but i think it's too late now, once the leaves show? I have had this for a few seasons, and i try n keep plants healthy for as long as i can - using coffee grounds from my local cafe seems to give the plants a lift too. now it's autumn (fall) here, and i have plants still setting fruit, so i hope to try n keep the fruit set ahead of the disease. any tips to minimise it's affects would be great too.

thanks for your help mate.

Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 7:14AM
More Discussions
Black/brown dots on basil, diamond-shaped bugs
Hello, So, something has been injuring my basil plant....
yotekai
ID please
Found a bunch of these crawling around my rain barrel....
woohooman
Grubs
I'm finding quite a number of these in my garden beds....
oberci
Seedlings being cut by pest
My precious seedlings are being decapitated by an unknown...
tomatosensei
Help for my Privet
I have two large privets outside on my Patio, (i live...
estesdv
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™