help with my lemon tree

pktechdadApril 16, 2014

Hello just register and new to gardening. My wife and I recently bought a eurika dwarf lemon tree and it looked all healthy. After moving it to a bigger pot some leaves started turning yellow fro the centers. We thought maybe we were over watering it. So we stopped and let it dry. Its been hovering about 100 degrees here lately. It seems to be getting worse not better can anyone help us with this. Can't upload images from my ffone but will send pics if you can help would really appreciate it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

All anyone can do without seeing the plant in person is make suggestions.

I can tell you that a very common reason for the failure of container grown plants is problems with the choice of a potting medium. Second on the list would be improper watering.

You should be aware of how moist or dry the soil volume is by digging a bit with your fingers. If dryish to the touch, you should water (drench) thoroughly.

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 5:39AM
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

do not send me your pix... figure out how to post them ...

did you protected the transplant from direct sun for a few day.. a week.. a month ????

or blast it out into full sun???

it is not uncommon.. when planting or repotting.. a fully leafed out tree.. to lose some leaves .. its called transplant shock ...

how many you lost is the issue ... and what the buds or growth tips look like ...

in a sense.. the tree sacrifices older leaves... to maintain the growth points ...

and w/o that pic.. i cant give you any more ...

ken

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 7:02AM
pktechdad

here are some pics of what im having trouble with. it is not on all leaves. on both new growth and larger leaves. most r still looking good i just dont know if i should worry

Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 10:56AM
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

Environmental stress.

At 100F, rig temporary shade or move it into the shade.

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 1:41AM
earline_pa zone 6 Pa.

Just a thought...what are you watering it with, unfiltered city water? If your refrigerator has a water dispenser use that at room temp. San Diego city water is awful for plants. ;)

Bookmark   April 17, 2014 at 9:06PM
More Discussions
Getting rid of soil nematodes
Dear veggie lovers: This is my first season growing...
diane_zn7a_albqnm_5500ft
A rabbit! Argh!
Of all the problems I expected in a suburban dessert,...
deserthawk
sick chaya tree
There is a crack on the lower part of the trunk and...
jane2014_ec
Acacia invaded by Caterpillars!
My wife and I don't know what to do. We have a small...
llilibel03
Tomato disease
My tomato is under attack. It looks like both insects...
garf_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™