Seedless Tomato

biradarcm(7b)July 18, 2012

Dawn or any of you ever come across seedless tomato? See picture below. We found this surprise while slicing beef master for fresh eating. I bite a big chunk before taking a picture to see any seeds hiding...

I am looking for a unlocked truck/car to dispose these lemon cumbers like you usually do with zucchinis or may be tomatoes this year. I don't know what to do with them after giving them to many friends, office colleagues and fed up with smoothy, juices, sambar, etc... I bought that basket today to office and left at main entrance with label FREE Organic Cucumbers.

We are dried about five gallon bags tomatoes and another few bags of other vegetables. here on epic taken a couple of weeks ago when weather was too hot and dry for dehydration...

-Chandra

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

Chandra,

I have had that happen this year too. I assume that the high temperatures and lack of moisture cause it. I've had it in Big Beef, Beefmaster and Bushsteak tomatoes harvested in the last month---not all the tomatoes from those plants, but at least 1 or 2 from each one.

With cucumbers, when I have too many for fresh eating and already have made all the pickles we'll need for the next two years, I give away the extra or slice them in half and feed them to my chickens. Chickens are great about gobbling up lots of excess produce.

It is a great cucumber year, likely because the cucumber beetle population is almost non-existent this year.

Dawn

Bookmark   July 18, 2012 at 1:49PM
soonergrandmom

I haven't seen one cucumber beetle this year. I made 1 quart and 5 pints of pickles a few days ago, but by tomorrow I will probably need to make a few more. Cucumbers have been the most productive thing in my garden this summer.

Bookmark   July 18, 2012 at 2:01PM
pamchesbay

Hi Chandra:

When I have extra produce and have given away all I can to friends and neighbors, I do one of two things.

I used to put it in cardboard boxes, and leave it outside the post office.

Recently, our county started a food bank so now I give surplus produce to them to distribute. I got the idea from the "Grow An Extra Row" initiatives around the country. (see link to an OK program below)

Here is a link that might be useful: Oklahoma Gardening: Plant a row for the hungry

Bookmark   July 18, 2012 at 3:01PM
More Discussions
ID help
I love spring time. I get to start cleaning out the...
jlhart76
Any reason not to go ahead and plant now?
I'm seeing nothing even close to below 40 for the next...
dulahey
What happens to tomatoes that are stunted as seedlings?
Because I seem to have a lot of them. I'm not panicked...
chickencoupe
Seeds
Okay. So, I was overly optimistic when I purchased...
hazelinok
Former Oklahoma Forum member in the news
We miss Diane and Steve, but can get an update here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHCFqjxpuPY&list=UU8-Th83bH_thdKZDJCrn88g...
soonergrandmom
Sponsored Products
Chef Dean Fearing Beef Fajita Casserole - N/A
$96.00 | Horchow
Alliyah Handmade Cherry Tomato New Zealand Blend Wool Rug
Overstock.com
Wool Hallway Runner - Tomato
$212.99 | Dot & Bo
Accent Rug: Bergen Tomato 2' x 3'
$43.99 | Home Depot
Cloud/tomato railroad cotton napkin (set/4)
Origin Crafts
Glamos Wire Garden Stake - 10 Pack - 87001
$38.81 | Hayneedle
Wusthof Classic Fully Serated Paring Knife
$39.95 | FRONTGATE
Natural Cedar Wood High-Low Planter
Signature Hardware
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™