Think my J. Chilensis will recover?

earthworm73(WA z8)May 5, 2013

I got this 5 gallonish CWP at the beginning of the year. I placed it into my sometimes heated greenhouse for the winter. Unfortunately that greenhouse was often very humid during the day and night. After about a month in the greenhouse I noticed it started to gradually yellow mostly on the strap leaves until it looks like this pic today. The second pic is what it looked like a few days after delivery. I think the yellowing is from being in the humid conditions of the greenhouse. Or it could be from delivery shock? Do you think it has a chance of recovering from this episode? The yellowing doesn't seem to be progressing and I think I am seeing some movement in the spear but I could be wishful thinking.

Click for weather forecast

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
david_(10a)

Make sure the water is draining good and not holding standing water in the pot. Spray with a fungicide and it should be OK. I say "should" because it appears to look OK by the pic. Good luck.

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 7:01AM
islandbreeze

I thought that wine palms prefer cooler, dryer conditions. I would take it out of the greenhouse and see if it does better.

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 9:57PM
earthworm73(WA z8)

Thanks guys. IB I took it outta that greenhouse a couple weeks ago. I kinda put in there to keep it dry during winter and kinda forgot about it. It is now still in the pot but sitting in my best microclimate. Our rainy season is over so no worries about the thing staying too wet. We are very dry every month of summer.

Bookmark   May 7, 2013 at 8:53AM
More Discussions
Palm ID
Hi, might anyone id these palms? I had asked my landscaper...
reyetwinger
Bangalow Palm Separation - Triple Planted
hi, i had just separated Bangalow Palms that i just...
acaryofyllis
Coconut Palm in Newport Beach, CA
Hey guys, just thought you'd like an update on the...
cmventura
This new format sucks!
I think I'm done posting here.
bradleyo_gw
Sterling, VA trachy???
Anyone seen or have updates on that big Sterling, Virginia...
islandbreeze
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™