Have you ever purchase palm trees off of ebay?

vobgroMay 17, 2010

I really want a Canary island date palm but I couldn't find them in my area, according to acostafarm.com they are prohibited in TX, so if I buy one off ebay will it get confiscate? And has any one successfully buy palms from ebay without any problems ?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
subtropix

I can't answer your legal question about confiscation (why are they being confiscated??), but I have ordered many palms on eBay--mostly with great success. I have about 8 large Canary palms--7 were started from seed (very easy from seed if you can wait a few years). My largest (about 7 feet and wide), I got on eBay as a 1 gallon. Purchased it from a grower in Miami (where summer conditions are VERY HUMID), so when it arrived it was covered in ugly black spots. I figured at the time it was related to the South Florida climate so just kept the plant and sure enough, it quickly outgrew the ugly spots.--I love canariensis palms!!

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 5:59PM
tropicalzone7(7b)

I have seen canary island date palms in Texas before (or at least I was pretty sure I did) so I dont know why it would be illegal. But I also cant answer that since I dont know since I dont live in Texas. but I have bought palms and many other plants off ebay and am happy with a majority of my purchases. Just check the feedback on the sellers, make sure you are getting it for a good price, and always check the shipping they charge.
Good luck!
-Alex

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 9:30PM
stevea07(7 AL)

You may wish to contact Ryan at Collector Palms. He currently has Phoenix canariensiâs for sale on Ebay and he is located in Texas.

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 11:37PM
More Discussions
This new format sucks!
I think I'm done posting here.
bradleyo_gw
Bright indirect light???
Hi! I just bought a couple plants (Areca palm, sago...
Nikki321
Windmill palm still alive in Chicago!
Going to have to build a bigger box next year! This...
rosekuchar
Palm ID
Hi, might anyone id these palms? I had asked my landscaper...
reyetwinger
Sickly windmill palm
We have a 6ft windmill palm that is about 6-7 years...
Diane2115
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™