Dying leaves

mandy205January 31, 2013

My plumerias leaves keep dying before they get very big but, it keeps growing more. It did have spider mites and i think there gone but still not sure. Anyone know what's wrong with it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elucas101(8)

It could very well be the mites - I am battling them right now myself. I have started using Spectracide Immunox spray and it's good, it's just those suckers are so small it's hard to get them all. Indoors they are the most common, deadly pest. If you see any webs or little dots on the leaves - including the undersides, they're still there.

Is your soil well draining? I can't tell from the photo, but make sure your soil is really well draining so the soil can dry out a bit.

Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 9:21PM
mandy205

Thanks, I'm sure it has mites now. Could it also be black tip? If so what fungicides should I use? Any advise welcome.

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 10:00AM
mandy205

And heres a picture of the soil, thanks!

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 10:02AM
kt2fl(okla z7)

Hi Mandy,

Is this a rooted cutting? How long has it been potted in that mix? What kind of mix is it?

I see you're keeping it indoor over the winter. Make sure you don't water it too often. When you squeeze the trunk, is it soft or mushy?

I'm just speaking from experience but with leaves not growing and tips slowly corroding, it might be rotted from underneath. If I were you, I would check the root ball and make sure the bottom end is not rotting. If it's rotting, you will have to cut the rotting part off and try to root it.

I hope that helps. I'm sure others will chime in and offer their insights.

Kenny

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 1:11PM
mandy205

Its a miriclegro water control mix/cactus and succulent soil mix and It's been potted in it for four months. the trunk is pretty hard and its roots look fine.Thanks

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 4:18PM
More Discussions
How To Give Away Plumeria
I bought a plumeria (gorgeous pinks and yellows) before...
treehugger101
I think I killed my plumeria...
I brought my two plants inside for the winter, and...
mitragorz
Just Purchased KALEINANI Plumeria From 1 Stop Aloha On Ebay.
Hello Gang; My 1st purchase from 1 Stop, I read good...
edzone9
overall, hoping for a great year...more room
in looking at how we have moved things around, hoping...
rox146
a test for Laura
Just a test to see if working, now only to remember...
rox146
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™