what is up with my holly?

melvee(7)April 15, 2012

have 6 or so compacta holly in my front bed. full sun from about 1 pm on. established for about 9 years now. only one of them is affected. started losing leaves a few years ago, but getting worse. soil tested - no nematodes. some leaves yellow and fall off, but there is still some new growth trying to come in on other branches. appears the branches that have lost leaves are NOT getting any new growth. but down some Hollytone a few weeks ago but so far have noticed no change. i don't see any evidence of insects or mold, etc.

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

Difficult to see, but was the branch physically damaged in some way? As if a kid or dog ran into it?

Bookmark   April 15, 2012 at 3:14PM
melvee(7)

no, and it is not just one branch. i have lots of other pictures but did not see where i could upload more than one. plus having to resize them all was inconvenient. i cut one branch to see, and it is still green around the edges like it is alive and fine, but no leaves...

Bookmark   April 15, 2012 at 8:45PM
jean001a(Portland OR 7b)

They do get a leaf problem which causes leaf drop that's common during wetter than normal springs.

Bookmark   April 15, 2012 at 8:47PM
More Discussions
Home made seed tape
sorry - moved post to diff forum This post was edited...
oldgardenguy_zone6
Aphid central.... At my wit's end...
Every single over-wintering pepper I have is inundated...
theripetomatofarm
Spots on my apple tree leaves
Hi, Spots have been appearing on my new apple trees....
nat9510
Whitefly?
Hi guys, I have had whitefly interfering with some...
botch13
sick chaya tree
There is a crack on the lower part of the trunk and...
jane2014_ec
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™