bonemeal or other fert for habs?

peps22February 23, 2013

I have grown habs a few years now in containers. I've noticed they always get the wrinkled/puckered leaf look in midsummer. I was wondering if there's anything I can do this year ahead of time to combat this. Im growing in the ground for the first time this year.. does anyone put bonemeal in the holes when they transplant? Does this help the wrinkled leaf issues?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a

Bonemeal needs to be in-ground for quite some time before it becomes available, so I hope you've already begun preparing your growing area.

I'm not sure what the wrinkled leaf issue is, so hopefully someone else will weigh in. Probably helpful if you put your gardening zone and general location information here.

Josh

Bookmark   February 24, 2013 at 12:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TheMasterGardener1(5B)

In ground you may find Ca is not even lacking. Did you have much pod drop last season? If plants leaves are wrinkled yet producing heavy amounts of healthy peppers then there would be nothing to worry about and that could be a trait of the variety. In ground you may find just go with what ever is the most cheapest and convientent source. If the bonemeals fits that, then go for it. Some like to use Gypsum+Epsom salts even in ground.

I use Vigoro Tomato and vegetable +Calcium Slow Release in my rows. It takes care of everything so there is no guess work at all.

Bookmark   February 24, 2013 at 12:43PM
More Discussions
Help for GardenWeb Users
https://support.houzz.com/hc/en-us/sections/200556848-Help-for-GardenWeb-Users...
ronnyb123
YELLOW ghost pepper???
We had 4 ghost pepper plants on the deck all summer...
zelicindy
Sprouting leaves on peppers drying
My new leaves are going dark and drying off in most...
tomyres
Show Your Seedlings
After all that work, gathering seeds, trying to germinate,...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
Resurrect my Scorpion plant?
So I have a Trinidad Scorpion plant that produced fairly...
newcoyote
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™