Weekend #2 update
It doesn't look like a whole lot of progress, however, I miscalculated how much sod I removed. I measured the other day and it ended up being 1265 sq. feet of sod. I am forsaking the veggie garden in the back yard for now, that bed alone is 560 sq. feet. It will get done after I get the front beds planted. I turned over all of the soil and tilled in 320 lbs. of gypsum and 72 lbs. of greensand. I'm getting 8 yards of mushroom manure tomorrow to till into the front beds. I got done a little earlier than anticipated today, so I decided to build my desert bed. It's a little smaller than my old one but it took 33 boulders and 4 tons of sand and gravel. Here are the pics.