101 in the shade...

mulberryknobJuly 5, 2012

on the north side of the porch. First day to break 100 for us. Got to write it in the book.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
slowpoke_gardener

101 degrees is too hot, but we have broken a 100 many times this year. The wind we have helps evaporate the sweat, but it making everything as brown as toast.

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 9:06PM
mulberryknob

Sorry to hear it Larry. And I know that many people close to me have already experienced 100. We are fortunate to have lots of shade around the house.

Bookmark   July 5, 2012 at 10:09PM
Okiedawn OK Zone 7

It was bound to happen sooner or later. I'm kinda surprised y'all haven't hit it before now.

Our highest so far this year is 105, which I think was a week ago Sunday. I was out harvesting all day because I had to get it done, and my family thought I had lost my mind.

It was only 102 here today, which is hot, but not as bad as that 105 was. We're consistently going 2 to 5 degrees higher than our closest Mesonet station, which also happened a lot last year. Some years our high temps have been almost identical to our mesonet station's, but not the last two years.

Everything is drying out really fast. We have brown bermuda grass, and it was a nice green shade only a couple of weeks ago.

I'm looking forward to next week's cooldown, if it actually occurs. Our local weather forecasters seem more and more certain it is going to happen. I'm not so convinced. We've had too many forecasted cooldowns fail to materialize. I'll wait and see what the forecast shows the day before.

Larry, The wind we have is mostly hot and unwelcome. I'd sure like a nice, cool breeze.

Bookmark   July 6, 2012 at 1:04AM
More Discussions
Squash Resistant to Squash Bug and Squash Vine Borer
According to Jay White at Texas A&M University,...
chickencoupe
Growing cilantro in the summer
I started some cilantro from seed so I can have it...
Cynthiann
Attracting Beneficial Insects to Your Landscape
Sometimes I think many gardeners tend to overreact...
Okiedawn OK Zone 7
Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99/5lb 3/1/2015
2015 Atwoods Seed Potato Sale $2.99 5lb as of this...
chickencoupe
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™