Does anyone see any warmer sunny weather coming? This is a joke.

meyermike_1micha(5)May 15, 2011

Looks like the Northeast is bracing for yet another wet and colder than normal summer. What do you think?

Does anyone have any good news? After a long cold dreadful fall and winter, I could use some good cheer and sunny weather here.

I don't think we have had more than two sunny days all month. The weather stalls and nothing is moving, like a traffic jam. Unfortunately when it does this, we are stuck with cold northeast winds and very wet, damp, and colder than normal days. I wish the sunny warm days would get stuck over us:-(

My plants are all getting tired of this and I am tired of lugging them in and out at this time of the year.

Please, let's do a sun dance!

Mike

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tropicalzone7(7b)

The weather was beautiful here last week. Sunny and 70s every single day. Now the clouds wont budge! We had a strong thunderstorm which actually knocked a few leaves and flowers off my plants and its just too wet. The humidity is almost as high as it can get (dew point was 62F earlier today and the actual temperature was 66F at that time). Next 10 days looks like 70s and clouds or rain and quite a bit of rain! I want sun and 80s and maybe a few humid 90s. Hopefully June will bring that kind of weather. So far we didnt get to 80F once in May and we are halfway through the month now. 77F is the highest temperature in the forecast which is pretty nice, but not if its raining!
I was looking at pictures of my plants at this time last year and even though my yard looks much better, the plants are behind in their growing!
Good luck!
-Alex

Bookmark   May 15, 2011 at 9:34PM
jimhardy

My stuff is behind here too Alex,even with some 80 and 90f
temps-and it seems to go back to being cooler than normal
when the warm temps go....we had 2 nights of 32 a week and
a half ago then 93f(one place in Iowa hit 100f)and now
back to 37f last night.

At least it's sunny all week-

The bad news is the troughs in the east and west aren't moving,
the one in the east is actually forecast to retrograde
by Wednesday possibly brushing northeast Iowa again!

Bookmark   May 16, 2011 at 10:00AM
chadec7a

Things here are staying pretty balmy. Rain every day and dropping back into the 60's this week. The only thing growing in my yard is my musa's and weeds!

Bookmark   May 16, 2011 at 11:52AM
andyandy(6bMI)

83, hazy and humid here is SE Mich Thursday and Friday. 43 and raining yesterday. We went from July to November in 48 hours. This reminds me of two years ago when the only real summer month we got was August. I had to drag everything back in after a terrific week. My coconuts were exploding now they are back in my living room. Unfortutely my understanding is that the weather pattern we are in means a cold wet summer for the North East and Great lakes.

Bookmark   May 16, 2011 at 12:50PM
More Discussions
Need help identifying a cycad
I bought a cycad of unknown species and am trying to...
Yuri Diomin
Coconut Palm in Newport Beach, CA
Hey guys, just thought you'd like an update on the...
cmventura
butia planting question in 6b
I'm expecting my butia delivery on march 21st to plymouth...
finn6b
Need help with my Date Palm.
hello i recently transplanted a 6 feet date palm tree/plant...
datepalmlover
Keeping Majestic Palm HELP
How to keep Majestic Palm alive in Northern Virginia...every...
marie13100
Sponsored Products
Uttermost San Mariano 34" High Oxidized Copper Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus
Wrightwood Queen-size Black Micro-suede Nail Button Headboard
Overstock.com
Area Rug: John Black 4' Square
Home Depot
Sunset Trading Two Door One Drawer Buffet in Light Oak
Beyond Stores
Crawfish Kickers with Dipping Sauce - LIGHT BROWN
$60.00 | Horchow