preferred area to plant

rox146February 9, 2013

Aloha to all,

I have 5 at least 4 ft. tall plumerias that are going into the ground in late March.."JL Church Ruffles", "Waimea", "Mango Blush" "Kauka Wilder" and "Vera Cruz Rose"...which of these prefer maybe not such hot sun..and which would do better with a bit of afternoon shade and even I have an area that is mostly reflective heat/sun...I read to put "Magnum Opus" in more filtered sun so I did last year and it did better....I am running out of in ground space and need to get it right the 1st planting...Mahalo, roxanne

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
moonie_57

Hi rox. I've been MIA for a while so I'm unsure of your location.

Bookmark   February 9, 2013 at 7:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rox146

Aloha Moonie...we are in Ventura, ca. 1 block from the beach, small lot with 2 small patio/ground planters that face the ocean wind and a hot paver deck facing east on the marina water side....I have been putting the potted ones on wheels now on the deck to move around as they like different locations. Just want to get some of the taller ones in the ground and the inner courtyard to the ocean side gets warm afternoon sun and reflective heat. The street side, facing west...that is where the vandals steel and break off limbs, so I put the crummy ones out there...:-) roxanne

Bookmark   February 10, 2013 at 11:20AM
More Discussions
Bag Rooting
I have a few cuttings that I need to get going and...
plumeriai45
overall, hoping for a great year...more room
in looking at how we have moved things around, hoping...
rox146
Sally Moragne
Sally Moragne is another that doesn't want to relax...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
More questions.....
So... I have had my Plumerias down the basement for...
scott_madison
OT testing.. Wanting to say hello to my friends!!
Hi everyone!! I'm just testing out the new format...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™