Maybe now the tomatoes will set??

reddingJuly 12, 2011

Yippee! We just got a tiny amount of rain. Probably not more than 1/4", but within the past your the temp has dropped from 102 down to 81. There's still the possibility of another quick storm moving across later on, but the overnight low is supposed to be about 75 degrees. My tomatoes are covered with bloom. I just hope that the drop in temp will allow some of them to set. The Sweet 100 seem to be coping with it better than any of the others, but I think I only have 2 or 3 fruit total on 10 of the Golden Girl and Golden Boy. Last year the Golden Girl were loaded.

Has anyone else gotten any rain?

Pat

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma(6b)

no rain here yet most of it just skirted past us. It has cooled down a bunch.

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 5:48PM
chickencoupe

I hope your tomatoes will set now. We're getting some rain. Thunderstorms have been complaining for about an hour. I went outside, stared at the clouds and yelled, "Give it up or quit rumbling!"

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 6:00PM
slowpoke_gardener

Judging from the weather swings we have had so far this year, maybe you should get out the frost blankets.

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 7:37PM
redding

What we got was a total of probably 3/4", but it was quite well behaved about it. It rained a little and quit for about 30 minutes. Did it again and quit again, and then it poured! The temp dropped 20 degrees within the hour. I shot outside as soon as it quit and began pulling weeds, quick while the soil was soft enough for them to come up easily. The temp may be a whole lot lower, but boy, did the humidity ever go up.

It's still a treat to walk out to the garden over grass stubble that doesn't crunch.

Pat

Bookmark   July 12, 2011 at 7:54PM
More Discussions
How can I add photos to my posts?
I know many of you do this....I have tried to find...
merryheart
Lettuce and spinach
Is it to late to plant spinach and lettuce? It was...
chadwickthegoat
Bad weather
Nasty weather out there, be safe.
AmyinOwasso/zone 6b
Organic straw
Anyone know of a source for organic straw? I want to...
draej
Looking for something pretty that will tolerate full sun but wet feet
I have an odd bed in the front yard (our house faces...
wulfletons
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™