Thinking of buying a Tepin plant...

tlowery04(6b/7a)March 10, 2011

Does anyone know of a good source that is reasonable and reliable as to cultivar correctness? I would hate to buy a pair of plants and find out they are something totally different than what I wanted months down the line.

I promised a buddy of mine I would grow them for him this year if i could find the seed, but as of yet (I know I'm a bit impatient but the first batch was planted in mid January) nothing has sprouted out of the Tepin trays except some kind of clear/purple weed that got about an inch high then I accidentally snapped the top off when I moved it under the lights more out of curiosity than anything.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
smokemaster_2007

Members pages are down right now.
Anything to trade?

Your plant could have been a Tepin.There is a purple one and also a lot of light can turn pepper plants purple-sunburn type thing.

Bookmark   March 10, 2011 at 2:26AM
romy6(9)

I have had great luck with cross country nurseries. I will post a link.Lisa is awesome!

Here is a link that might be useful: cross country nursuries

Bookmark   March 10, 2011 at 4:23PM
tlowery04(6b/7a)

Sorry Mike it doesn't look like i have anything you are looking for, I might have some cayenne crosses, just waiting to see. I know you do (entirely?) hot pepper container gardening and actually most of what i have grown came from you =P

I will check out cross country looks like min order is roughly 40$ for 6 plants though, I may have to swallow my pride... er a... wallet on this one.

Here is a link that might be useful: My 2011 Thread

Bookmark   March 10, 2011 at 4:58PM
smokemaster_2007

You have mail.
I was just at the local nursery up the street.LOTS of Tepin plants came in Wed.

Bookmark   March 10, 2011 at 6:31PM
romy6(9)

I spoke with Lisa and she said there is no minimum. I know it says something about a 12 plant minimum on her website but I ordered 1 choclate hab and a purple jalapeno last year without a problem.

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 1:35PM
romy6(9)

I guess I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue. Lisa is at gardens to grow she has no minimum. Here is her link.Sorry about the confusion. Both places are nice but you are correct about the 12 minimum from cross country nursuries

Here is a link that might be useful: gardens2grow

Bookmark   March 11, 2011 at 2:50PM
smokemaster_2007

Do you like Gladiator movies?
Don't call me shirely...

Bookmark   March 12, 2011 at 2:51AM
redtailforester(6)

+1 on Garden2Grow. I ordered three plants last year and since they were on the small side due to a cooler than usual season, the owner sent me another free of charge. I gave one away, one was killed by a massive aphid infestation and the remaining two are overwintering right now. Great quality products!

Bookmark   March 12, 2011 at 9:18AM
tlowery04(6b/7a)

I sent g2g an email

Bookmark   March 12, 2011 at 12:51PM
chilliwin(EU DK 7)

Hi, you guys, have you grown Wild Tepin? I have got few wild tepin seeds and I am germinating. If you have grown this variety please tell me something about it, such as flavor and the heat. I had some plants before it looked like thai bird's eye it yields fruits nonstop.

This post was edited by chilliwin on Fri, May 10, 13 at 18:21

Bookmark   December 24, 2012 at 7:39AM
More Discussions
Lemon Peppers
I grew these last year from store bought seeds. They...
cooperdr_gw
Need A TON of help on bhut jalokias
I'm growing bhut jalokias Carolina reapers and Trinidad...
bigcatcal
will my pepper seeds sprout?
I am planning to start to grow some pepper plants and...
mariorossi3c
Sprouting leaves on peppers drying
My new leaves are going dark and drying off in most...
tomyres
Show Your Seedlings
After all that work, gathering seeds, trying to germinate,...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™