newbie - need advise on growing plumeria cutting in pot
While I was at local retail store this week, I saw them selling Plumeria cuttings. I picked one up. It's about 6" long and 1" thick. At the bottom of the stick, there seems to be white paint type of material (root stimulator or what?) glued. I don't know what it is.
I've never grown Plumeria. I would greatly appreciate if you nice folks could answer following questions about growing it:
0. When should I plant it in pot? I am in N. California and the temps still go down in 30s and 40s at night. The day time temps are in 40s to low 60s.
1. How do I put it in pot? Should I just stick it in the pot and how deep?
2. How large pot do I need to use?
3. What kind of soils/material Plumeria grows best in pot?
4. What kind of fertilizer should I use? Please exact name of it that you find Plameria thrive in.
5. If you recommend any root stimulator/fungicide, can please give the name of the product you've used?
Thanks very much.