My Psycho is blooming:)

Andrew ScottMarch 14, 2013

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is enjoying these longer days as much as I am!! It really gets me motivated to get plumeria fed, watered, and repotted.

Late last night I was making my rounds and I noticed that my nicest shaped Psycho is now blooming!! I am so excited for a couple reasons. 1.) It was a gift from one of my friends here on the forum. I was sent 3 very nice cuttings, but sadly I lost 1 the winter of 2011. I have learned from my mistakes now. I had kept that plumie in the basement on the stone floor, and the cold killed it. Now that I have kept them all on a pallet, none have died.

Reason 2.) The inflos on this particular variety are HUGE! The inflo stem is about 8 in long, and there are over 60+ flower buds! Another thing I like is how once all these blooms are spent, the same inflo will repeat itself and bloom again!

As of right now, there are 9 tips on this tree..9 TIPS and I noticed that one of the tips have 7 or 8 growths that could turn into more tips. I think once I can put the tree outdoors for the summer, I will take a nail file and file just a little bit on those dormant buds to see if I can get them to grow.

I don't have to tell you guys how amazing this tree truly is. Because of Bill's pics and contest, so many of us here got to see his Psycho.

I want to take this time and thank my generous friend for giving me 3 very HUGE cuttings of there Psycho. Thanks again buddy!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mksmth zone 6b Tulsa Oklahoma(6b)

congrats to you Andrew. It sounds wonderful!!!

Mike

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 11:19AM
elucas101(8)

Congrats Andrew, that Psycho sounds like it's going to give you a real show this season!

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 12:06PM
plumygirl(9b)

Congratulations Andrew! Sounds beautiful.

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 2:08PM
Andrew Scott

Hi Mike,
This variety is nothing short of miraculous no matter how you look at it. It's a robust tree that in my experience produces really thick tips, huge inflos with tons of flowers, and the inflos just continue to produce flower after flower, but I don't need to report that as I am sure Bill has all ready!

Hi Elucas,
I hope your right! I am a firm believer that raw eggs help to root plumeria cuttings, but I still continue to use them even after the cutting has rooted. As I mentioned above, I have had this cutting for 3 years now, and I have given it 2 raw eggs every spring, and by fall, the eggs are gone! I know it is helping my tree(s) because when it comes time to repot, the roots are super thick, and the root ball itself is considerably larger. I need to get my spray bottle ready for the Spray in Grow. I should just buy as sprayer this year and make it easier on me. Thanks Plumiegirl.

Andrew

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 4:27PM
krismast(6 S.E. PA)

So exciting! Can't wait to see pictures!

Kristopher

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 9:44PM
rox146

I am so a believer in the raw egg..too little time to tell....if one has never tried it..do one with and w/o....time will tell all....and....no trouble with raccoons or possums and believe me, we catch them all the time in our trap....roxanne

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 11:12PM
chuy415

Andrew... Congrats!! Very exciting isn't it?? Happy for you

Chuy

Bookmark   March 15, 2013 at 1:58PM
sagolover(10a SoCal)

I know this is not a new thread,but I am very interested in adding a raw egg to some of my plumies.
So Andrew, you're saying that you add a raw egg how many times a year? It's not rotting or doing any harm to the roots? And I could just dig until I get to the roots, then add the egg there? Should it be at the very bottom of the pot? If I already fed them slow release fertilizer, is the egg going to be too much to add for now?

Thank you in advance for your input!

Mima

Bookmark   July 17, 2013 at 2:08PM
More Discussions
Back from the dead.
I'm back. After giving up on this site, they contacted...
tdogdad
1st Plumie Drama of the Season
It's unbelievable how early the season has started...
freak4plumeria
Jungle Jacks
Not sure if I can ask this here. I was thinking about...
plumeriai45
Vera Cruz Rose Leaf Curl/Black Leaf Spot Issues.
Hello Forum member's I've Noticed my VCR Leaf Start...
edzone9
Love Spring time ;)
Looks like an inflo on a cutting I still have in a...
chuy415
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™