please see pictures....
It grows in the front portion of the house on top of the mulch.
Here is a link that might be useful:
one more picture
a name you will never forget.. lol
Here is a link that might be useful: link
Let me tweak Ken's answer a little. Be sure to look at the google images he linked! This is one of the slime molds, probably the one commonly called the dog vomit slime mold for obvious reasons. I just wanted to let you know that it's not a mold nor a fungus but a different kind of organism altogether.
Slime 'molds' are considered beneficial, as they are just one of the many recyclers and decomposers out there. This myxomycete feeds on organic debris and particles. We almost always see it associated with new mulch, but slime molds can also move across rocks, hardscape, anything.
MOST people think they're really cool. It will disappear on its own...please don't be tempted to spray anything on it. Just blame it on your or the neighbor's dog.
Thank you, I tought it was some kind of harmful bacteria or moss.