Butterfly Kit

shankins123(7aOKC)July 28, 2011

Something pleasant, instead of the HORRID HEAT :~)

Amazon has Butterfly Kits on sale for $7.97 (shipping is $3.11). The "list price" for these is $24.99. You get a collapsible habitat, feeder and instructions, along with a voucher (to mail in with $5.00 handling fee) for 5 larvae and special food.

I have no idea if this is a good deal or not...just thought it was cute and it (momentarily) took my mind off the heat.

Sharon

Here is a link that might be useful: Butterfly Kit

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cactusgarden

Thanks for the tip.

I noticed Santa Rosa Gardens is gearing up for Fall planting and offering their first sale. $25 off any pre-Fall order of $50 or more.

To take my mind off of summer and plan for sanity, I have some seeds coming up to set out for Fall. They are out there growing in the shade coming along fine.

They say the best garden is next year's garden. I'm also planning what I am going to edit and do different next spring. I have some grasses I am going to rearrange.

Meanwhile, I water and wait. We have had these awful summers before and they always come to an end. I keep thinking of the State Fair. It always gets cool then.

Bookmark   July 29, 2011 at 12:33AM
joellenh(6b Jenks)

That's a good price. They were on Kid's Woot recently for $10 (free shipping) and they sold out fast.

My friend in Michigan grows a ton of milkweed in her yard and just gathers free caterpillars and puts them in her butterfly house. While we were there, several hatched and the kids took turns releasing them.

Jo

Bookmark   July 29, 2011 at 9:42AM
joellenh(6b Jenks)

Here is a picture my friend took of Adam and Leah releasing their butterfly

Jo

Bookmark   July 29, 2011 at 12:41PM
More Discussions
Squash Resistant to Squash Bug and Squash Vine Borer
According to Jay White at Texas A&M University,...
chickencoupe
Seedy Saturday Seed Swap
Seedy Saturday Seed Swap. February 28, 2015 When I...
duckcreekgardens
Anyone ever read the Soil forum?
Hahaha, I went over to go check out how they were doing...
Lisa_H
Cover crops that help with root rot
I just listened to a soil health talk on the web. My...
johnnycoleman
Classic Armadillo Thread From 2005-2013
I mentioned the thread linked below in a different...
Okiedawn OK Zone 7
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™