Good time to re-pot?

Andrea781March 13, 2013

Hi! I have a beautiful 2 yr old plumeria. Last year was the first year it bloomed, I started it from a rooted cutting the previous year after returning from my honeymoon. After using Hawaiian Bud and Bloom last year for the first time, it branched out. Now my plant is about 5 feet tall with 3 branch sprouts at the tip, and some leaves which didn't fall off since they were absolute 1/2 inch when winter started it. It's definitely time to re-pot and I'm wondering what I should do.. I'm going to go buy a big pot for it as well as cactus soil to fill, should I fertilize right away?? Or just water with super thrive? I'm in NY and temps are not over 50 yet.. Should I wait til April to re-pot??? Or ok to do now??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beachplant(9b)

it`s OK to repot it now, don`t fertilize it-I usually don`t fertilize anything after repotting for a couple of months or longer. You can wait to water it until the temps get a bit warmer where you are or it starts putting out new leaves.
Congrats! I am always amazed at those of you growing tropicals in the frozen northland.
The general opinion now is that short squat pots are better than tall thin pots.
Tally HO!

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 9:53AM
More Discussions
Thai Super Round Blooming In February.....Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Hello everyone!! I hope you all are enjoying the warmth...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
Jungle Jacks at Lowes
So, now that I have your attention....when do you think...
rox146
Bag Rooting
I have a few cuttings that I need to get going and...
plumeriai45
My Plumeria Tree After NE Flotrida Hard Freeze .
Hello gang; This plumeria has been outside all winter...
edzone9
overall, hoping for a great year...more room
in looking at how we have moved things around, hoping...
rox146
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™