Good time to re-pot?

Andrea781March 13, 2013

Hi! I have a beautiful 2 yr old plumeria. Last year was the first year it bloomed, I started it from a rooted cutting the previous year after returning from my honeymoon. After using Hawaiian Bud and Bloom last year for the first time, it branched out. Now my plant is about 5 feet tall with 3 branch sprouts at the tip, and some leaves which didn't fall off since they were absolute 1/2 inch when winter started it. It's definitely time to re-pot and I'm wondering what I should do.. I'm going to go buy a big pot for it as well as cactus soil to fill, should I fertilize right away?? Or just water with super thrive? I'm in NY and temps are not over 50 yet.. Should I wait til April to re-pot??? Or ok to do now??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
beachplant(9b)

it`s OK to repot it now, don`t fertilize it-I usually don`t fertilize anything after repotting for a couple of months or longer. You can wait to water it until the temps get a bit warmer where you are or it starts putting out new leaves.
Congrats! I am always amazed at those of you growing tropicals in the frozen northland.
The general opinion now is that short squat pots are better than tall thin pots.
Tally HO!

Bookmark   March 14, 2013 at 9:53AM
More Discussions
A few blooms from Madeira
Aloha plumeria friends! Wanted to share a few beauties...
David Richter
Love Spring time ;)
Looks like an inflo on a cutting I still have in a...
chuy415
1st Plumie Drama of the Season
It's unbelievable how early the season has started...
freak4plumeria
Jungle Jacks
Not sure if I can ask this here. I was thinking about...
plumeriai45
Whose going to the So Cal Plumeria Society Sale in SD this weekend?
Seems like this is the question dejour. I looked at...
freak4plumeria
Sponsored Products
Elizabeth Chrome One-Light 4-Inch Wall Sconce with Royal Cut Clear Crystal
$120.00 | Bellacor
Chadwick Monochrome Pendant
Lightology
GG Double Beverage Server
Classic Hostess
LaMont Home Handspun Wastebasket
Overstock.com
Glass Lamp: 1-Light Table Lamp Frost Glass Shade Polished Steel Finish CLI-LS444
$86.83 | Home Depot
Chadwick Edison Mini Pendant
Lightology
Del Prato Chestnut Bronze 12.5-Inch Wide One-Light Fluorescent Outdoor Wall Lant
$402.00 | Bellacor
Unbranded Biscayne 1-Light 12 in. Outdoor Rattan Pendant 93390RAT
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™