Washingtonia palm is Yellowing and browning

RichardC7(6b-7a)June 11, 2012

Hi guys! I'm new to this Forum, and love it! but i have one BIG problem, my Washingtonia palm looks as if its dying!!! I tugged on the top new ffrond, and it wasnt loose, which means its not completly dead yet. could i have over watered it? i watered it daily.... is that too much? :( I had also notice that i saw many "pincher bugs" not too far from it, could they be destroying the roots?! i put some homemade food on the palm when it began too.... heres the link: http://www.ehow.com/how_5235029_make-enhance-growth-rate-palm.html

As instructed, i put 1 ounce of it per gallon of water.... it has HELPED my banana trees.... BTW does anyone know how big my musa basjoo will get this year? they are maybe a foot tall! thanks! and will they get bigger next year?!

i bought the palm from Willis Orchards BTW.... and i live near Pittsburgh :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
RichardC7(6b-7a)

Here is the link to the picture :) sorry!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 6:25PM
RichardC7(6b-7a)

Can anyone identify which Washingtonia this is?!

Bookmark   June 11, 2012 at 6:31PM
bradleyo_gw

Sorry to say, but everytime I've had palms look like that they've ultimately died. I have one washy like that now, it did it after digging up last year, although not to that extent. Ity's back in the ground this year with 1 frond and struggling to produce a new one. Usually by the time they are as bad as your, there's not much chance. How long have you had it? Willis Orchards is one of those "nurseries" that we've always thought to be one and the same with the infamous TyTy. Outlandish claims, ridiculous prices, questionable product. If you just recently got it, try to send it back. Good luck.

BTW, I don't know if you saw my other post on JohnnieB's thread, but I am also in the the burgh, Irwin to be exact. There's a handful of us out here, but most of us are on the silent side on the boards.

Bookmark   June 12, 2012 at 5:50AM
More Discussions
Windmill Palm Fronds Shriveling!
For about a year now I've had this Windmill Palm planted...
windmillfan
Help! What is wrong with my Windmill Palm?
My windmill palm is approximately 6 yrs old. Today...
lulupalooza06
Windmill survival opinion
I have a windmill, only about 1 foot of trunk, maybe...
islandbreeze
Mexican Fan Palm Frond Tips are Black/Brown
Hello, I noticed yesterday that my Mexican Fan Palm...
eemedrelyt
This new format sucks!
I think I'm done posting here.
bradleyo_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™