Florida Colors has a new web page

honeybunny2(Z9TX)March 2, 2013

Yesterday, I noticed that Florida Colors has their new web page up. Lots of new plants available. Barbra

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pcput

I think they have some kinks to work out. Very nice though. Peg

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 10:29PM
joycev(10a Florida)

They do have a new website and some new partners. Expect to see some beautiful plumeria offerings now and in the future.

Bookmark   March 5, 2013 at 9:58PM
jandey1(TX8)

I kinda miss the old, cleaner site, but hope this brings them more business. They certainly deserve to be very successful!

I also wish all the sites selling plumeria would give details on growth habit with every variety. Scent, too. Some of us find ourselves waiting years to see a bloom, all while watching the branches growth through the roof.

Thanks for the heads-up, Barbra! I've tied up Summer Spice to keep her wide branches safer, and am (im)patiently waiting for any signs of inflo! The tips look a lot like Heirloom's tips, which makes sense since Heirloom is a seedling of SS.

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 8:45AM
Dave in NoVA • 7a • Northern VA

I agree Jandey. There's no reason why they can't give a bit more information about them. Especially since these plants are not cheap. Maybe there's something they don't want us to know?

Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 8:28PM
the_first_kms2(8/9)

More info is better but would defer to our forum as the penultimate resource. For no other reason than local climatic conditions and impact on the plant will make a difference.

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 10:39PM
beachplant(9b)

I agree, even just a few miles makes a huge difference in how a plant grows. Mine are in the ground, the seller is just 25 miles to the north, he has to bring them inside. Most of mine didn't go dormant, all of his did. Mine get wide and spread out, his remain more compact. But his are in pots, mine stay in the ground. Mine bloom much heavier than his. Even Becky in LaMarque, a mere 12 miles away has totally different growing conditions than I do, different soil, more freezes....

Then factor in stuff like water, alkaline? acidic? fertilizing, sun, heat, winter, etc. etc. it becomes impossible to say how a plant will grow. I have plants that the label says 1-4' and they are 12' tall. Fragrant in your garden, odorless in mine.
Tally HO!

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 6:12PM
More Discussions
plumeria not flowering
A friend of mine has a plumeria which has never flowered....
annie_____
Frangipani Fading?
So 3 of my frangipani's are doing this badly on the...
archades
My seed pod broke off ... Help
My seed pod that had been growing/maturing for the...
cwgrinnell
1st Plumie Drama of the Season
It's unbelievable how early the season has started...
freak4plumeria
Plumeria Fertilizer Of Chioce ?
Hello Gang; Was wondering what the senior Plumeria...
edzone9
Sponsored Products
Outdoor Set of Six Conceal 6"H Mosquito Repellant Candles
$79.50 | FRONTGATE
UFO Suspension by Tango Lighting
$720.00 | Lumens
Florida Panthers Lil' Fan Ornament
$4.99 | zulily
Safavieh Area Rug: Shag Cream/Beige 5' x 5' Square
Home Depot
Florida Brand Wood Suit Hangers (Set of 48)
Overstock.com
cBox Single File Drawer
Design Within Reach
Distressed Farmhouse Buckets with Lids - Set of 3
$59.99 | Dot & Bo
Allegretto 787740 Oval Drum Pendant by Fine Art Lamps
$8,641.50 | Lumens
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™