Will this "rooted" cutting make it..

ShellysPlumies(9 (southern cali))March 7, 2013

So I purchased a Leona hoke rooted cutting on eBay. That's what the title said but I just don't think it's rooted well enough.. The little roots it has look almost dead... What do you guys think? Should I keep it? Or return.. I just want to be sure the plant will make it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
qaguy

I'd return it. In my book, that's not a rooted cutting.

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 12:16AM
plumygirl(9b)

If you can't return the cutting or get a refund, I would try cutting it back a bit, check to make sure you see a clean white core with zero discoloration and if all looks good you might try rooting it using the bag method.

I would also notify E-Bay that anything advertised as "rooted" should actually have visible, viable roots!

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 1:33AM
ShellysPlumies(9 (southern cali))

So the guy wont give me a full refund.. hes offering for me to buy an unrooted cutting for 5$ off which comes out to 17.95.. not to mention i have to pay the shipping to send it back!! geeshhh. Honestly i dont feel comfortable giving him more money..

He says that cuttings that have already been rooted are always easy to re-root if the roots have accidently been pulled off.

I payed good money for this rooted Leona Hoke cutting.. super disapointed..

Debating if i should cut off the end that seemed to have had roots before or jus leave it as is and pot it back up? What would you do?

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 3:19AM
krismast(6 S.E. PA)

Don't give in to this seller! File a claim with PayPal and eBay. This is NOT a rooted cutting and is false advertisement. You are entitled to a full refund without having to send anything back. I've dealt with people like this before on eBay. As soon as you get PayPal or eBay involved, the seller usually gives in.

Kristopher

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 6:19AM
the_first_kms2(8/9)

One would think an "accident" would mean the roots made it into the shipping container and you are in possession of them but the are not on the plant.

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 10:19PM
beachplant(9b)

in Texas we call that man full of bullsh$$! That is not a rooted cutting and he should pay you the full refund plus shipping. File a complaint. Do not give him any more money. Give him a bad review.
Good luck!
Tally HO!

Bookmark   March 13, 2013 at 2:20PM
citizen_insane

I would not cut this. It is callused well enough to root. Just plant it. I would use a clear coke bottle with holes drilled in the bottom and the top cut off, in order to see what is going on. It is more likely to lose it if you recut it than if you do not.

George

Bookmark   March 13, 2013 at 3:15PM
More Discussions
How To Give Away Plumeria
I bought a plumeria (gorgeous pinks and yellows) before...
treehugger101
winter projects
well, it just finished raining in drought California....
rox146
Sally Moragne
Sally Moragne is another that doesn't want to relax...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
scale
Laura and Peg...is this the scale my husband thinks...
rox146
overall, hoping for a great year...more room
in looking at how we have moved things around, hoping...
rox146
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™