Houston Pre PSA Plumeria sale! Raspberry Sundae :)

Alisarom(9b)April 19, 2014

Hi everyone, I am a new member, and until now I have not posted yet, since I feel I do not have much to add to the vast knowledge that is so kindly shared here. But, this time, I hope this brings someone a little happiness :)
German Collazos, Houston PSA member, has a plant sale. Between 2 trips, I managed to buy 20 plants! Not sure how that happened :)
Anyway, he has sooo many diferent plumerias, I even made a list, I can share with you, if interested. But since I have read a few posts about the "famous" Raspberry Sundae, he does have a few left, I bought 2. He also has a few Mardi Gras, JL Hot Pink, Hilo Beauty, Nancy Andes Rainbow, I spied a Madame Poni in there too. These are all rooted plants, they start at around $20, some of them are a bit more.
German is a really, really cool person to talk plumerias with, I spent 2 hours in his backyard yesterday. Oh, and did I mention how awesome his backyard is?? I lost track of time and then found myself in a rush to leave, I forgot to take pictures of it, but I am sure I will be going back for more soon.
He is currently starting rooting a bunch of cuttings for the June PSA sale too.

Forgot to post his number, if anyone is interested.

This post was edited by Alisarom on Sat, Apr 19, 14 at 12:38

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
moonie_57

Hi Alisarom. Your posting was most timely! I was just coming to once again think Barbra for helping me obtain Raspberry Sundae. Just this morning I discovered an inflo! Happy me! :)

So, thank you, Barbra!

Stay around Alisarom. You probably have as much knowledge as many of us.

Y'all can be expecting photos in the coming weeks.

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 5:21PM
Alisarom(9b)

Hi Moonie, thanks for the warm welcome! I am so happy to be able to buy rooted plants locally, without the rush/lines I have seen in pictures posted from previous PSA sales. I tried cuttings - I am still trying actually but while I feel like I have been reading so much about different methods of drying/callusing, rooting, soil mixes, etc, I still rot them like no one else! Mainly, because I have NO patience, and I keep bothering them... I know, I know, go bother something else... So.. I bought all these plants, hopefully they will keep me away from the cuttings :)
Considering I started with one plant this winter, and now I have about 35 plants, plus some cuttings, plus some seedlings, of course had to look and buy some adeniums, I think I qualify for the "addicted" status...

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 7:27PM
pcput

We'll be doing your intervention soon. Welcome to the club! Peg

Bookmark   April 21, 2014 at 9:45PM
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia

Mmmwwwhhhaaaa!!!

Welcome!!! ;-)

Just wait!!!

Have fun...

Laura

Bookmark   April 21, 2014 at 10:54PM
Alisarom(9b)

Hehe, Laura, you are one of the "bad" influences :) Wish my backyard would look like yours one day.
Is is bad that I am going this weekend to buy a greenhouse to start preparing for Texas winter already? lol

Bookmark   April 22, 2014 at 1:21PM
More Discussions
Sally Moragne
Sally Moragne is another that doesn't want to relax...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
A Plumeria in the UK
Hello all, I am new on this forum, usually on the Adenium...
adenium1949
How to solve this?
Okay a received a cutting about a week ago, but then...
plumeriai45
Top 5 WOW Factor Plumeria Choices ?
Hello Gang ; Please help me choose the top 5 Wow Factor...
edzone9
Plant robbers
I can't believe it! My plants are in the back yard...
angel325
Sponsored Products
Ice Cream Cone Dishcloth Set
$12.99 | zulily
Pink And Raspberry "E" Striped Monogram Kids Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Kick Back Personalized Throw Pillow - PIL-CNJ-SFIL
$49.99 | Hayneedle
Oatmeal and Raspberry Polyester Filled 18 x 18 Pillow
$60.00 | Bellacor
Raspberry Rosie Elsie Headboard
Cost Plus World Market