Ants on the scorpion

chilliwin(EU DK 7)June 19, 2013

Since last few days, many Ants are swarming in this particular Scorpion Moruga Blend Yellow. I think no negative because they help pollination, the plants haven't lost any flowers, and getting a lot of pods but they are a bit strange. I do check for other harmful insects but now sign of them.

I have other Scorpion MB Yellow plants, they do not have much ants like this one.

What I did recently was I planted some garlic in this container as a companion plant now they are about 2/3 inches.

I am very curious about this ants' behavior so if you have any idea then please let me know something about it.

Thanks in advance.

Caelian

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

generally speaking.. ants dont bother green plants ... and walking around on them is not bothering them ....

ants so usually indicate that there are aphids.. of which they farm and harvest honeydew ... its really disgusting if you think about it in depth ...

unless you can find any actual damage.. i would not bother treating for ants ...

is this plant indoors???

i would take it out back.. and aggressively spray them off with the hose.. and check back in a few days ... if in fact there are aphids.. water is the best treatment anyway ....

ken

Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 3:35PM
chilliwin(EU DK 7)

Ken, thank you for your time and opinion. It is very nice to get an opinion from a senior forum member.

The plants is both indoor (night) and outdoor (day time). Last week I did spray Epsom salt too. I have not seen any aphids for this season.

Just I checked the plant again and I got further more information. The ants are swarming in the same spot, they do not go any where except this particular spot. Before I did not think about it, sorry for the partial information. Now it is night time the plant is indoor, still the ants are in the same spot.

So in this particular spot there would be some ants attracted foreign object stain, I will wash the spot and see the result.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Caelian

Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 4:00PM
chilliwin(EU DK 7)

We got rain today so there must be possible to wash out the stain or whatever it attracts to the ants! Very strange. I do misting every morning too.

Caelian

Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 4:05PM
chilliwin(EU DK 7)

Still now they do not leave this spot here is a very short video.

I am very curious and thinking are they sucking something from the spots or this particular spot produce something else!

Caelian

Here is a link that might be useful: Ants on the scorpion

Bookmark   June 19, 2013 at 5:30PM
More Discussions
Spots on my apple tree leaves
Hi, Spots have been appearing on my new apple trees....
nat9510
Tomato disease
My tomato is under attack. It looks like both insects...
garf_gw
Black/brown dots on basil, diamond-shaped bugs
Hello, So, something has been injuring my basil plant....
yotekai
coleus crisis -- leafhopper/ weevil/ cyclamen mites combo?
I have been having a lot of trouble with my coleus...
brown_panda
sudden black stains on indoor plant with insects
These black stains appeared suddenly on an indoor plant....
patriiiiiiiiiick
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™